Strongylodon macrobotrys for sale? *Anywhere*?

Lantana, FL(Zone 10a)

Hi! I've scoured all of my favorite online plant sites, some catalogs, googled, and can not find this incredible vine for sale *anywhere*. Does anyone here know of a source? I'm going to be landscaping a particular yard into a tropical paradise and this is the one I've always wanted to acquire and grow. I believe I will have the perfect spot for it, and would like to purchase 2. Thanks for your help.

Needville, TX(Zone 9a)

http://www.mgonlinestore.com/Jade/

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Also, http://rareplants.com/textsite/t-trop-s.html though there is no price listed.

Lantana, FL(Zone 10a)

Thank you, moonlighting. All though the page said "Sold Out" when I went there the possibility exists that they might have them in the future. When I googled, *all* of the sites that listed it for sale were also sold out. I'm sure if I'm vigilant I can snap some up when they're offered again. This seems to be one of those plants that one dreams about but can rarely find without some struggle and effort. In the end though, aren't they the most rewarding? ;-D

This is truly a dream landscaping project. The owner is willing to construct any type of supports I desire for the jade vine, (all though he has mature trees everywhere that will be perfect!) and I also have a 100' long, 8' high trellised fence to "decorate" as I wish. He all ready has 2 of the largest, lushest brugmansia's I've ever seen. The property has interesting nooks and crannies everywhere and plenty of room for the plumeria's I'm going to be planting inground. Sigh. And best of all, I'll be living there myself this summer to take care of all the babies!

Lantana, FL(Zone 10a)

Thank you MaryEv! Glass House Works has them listed at $45, and I've emailed to make sure they're available. In spite of the hurricanes of which we're only in year 10 of a 25 - 30 year cycle, this property has weathered them all, is surrounded by mature trees which shelter and protect it somewhat, and I know it will be the paradise I'm seeking to create with the proper plantings. I appreciate your help!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Good luck, I do hope you get one. They are really cool looking!

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Alohatropicals has them, and they are grown in Hawaii, but they ship here.

They have them listed at $27.95, which is a great price. I would also imagine that grown in Hawaii, they are very healthy plants, as that is their ideal environment...

They also have a lot of other choice vines on their page...

http://www.alohatropicals.com/TropicalVines.html

Lantana, FL(Zone 10a)

Thank you seedpicker! I hate to admit it, but in a fit of greed and desperation I bought one from Glass House Works *before* checking GWD again. Of course I went back later and found out that they have a horrible rating. I'm kicking myself in the butt because I've learned harsh lessons about shopping before checking with the Dog before.... Some idiots never learn, I guess! I will order another one this morning from Alohatropicals and I'm happy to have it. Thanks! I can't believe I've never heard of/been to Alohatropicals website before. What a selection! (Drool!)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.