Mice in the attic?

Durham, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

i live in a house in the countryside kind of and when i sleep in the back bedroom i can sometimes hear scratching coming from the attic, could this be mice? i dunno whether they'd live in a roof, or is it just birds, d'you think. Been thinking about sending the cats up to investigate, i'm too chicken !! lol

lil

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Sure could be mice. Or squirrels, or bats, or raccoons...But if they sound teeny and scritchy, probably just mice. LOL! Try setting a few traps up there and see what you get.

its unlikely to be squirrels, or racoons where i live, but i wouldn't rule out bats, i'm not keen on using traps, sounds silly, i know... ill have to go up with a torch sometime and see what i can find!

lil

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Several years ago in the office where I was working we had mice come in. They chewed through several computer wires and had to go. The company VP did not want to hurt them so he rigged up a "trap" by putting food in the bottom of a trash can and a ramp for the mouse to climb up to the top of the can. The mouse would reach the top and jump down inside to eat and not be able to climb back out. The first mouse was taken several blocks away and released into a vacant field. The second and third mice were also released into the field. Then I decided to paint the mouse tail with a drop of whit out and the fourth mouse was caught and again released into the field. Needless to say the next 5 mice that he caught all had that same spot on the tail! Seems that all thos mice were just one that kept coming back! So if you have mice you either have to put out poison or traps before they damage your wiring. If you go for live traps make certain you take them a very long way away to release them!

thanks zanymuse ill give the live traps a try if they are mice :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.