TraciS

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

TraciS, of Temple, GA, has passed from us. A thread was started in the General Discussion Forum, by her dear friend Mollybee. Here is the link :

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/502217/

Traci joined Dave's Garden August 7, 2001. The last threads she started were about Orchids, Water Gardening, and one in the Photos Forum with a picture of her and her beloved.

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/492664/

In reading about her I have learned of her kind, compassionate, and caring spirit. In reading the prayer forum, I learned of her intent to donate one of her own kidneys to her brother, but he passed on (one year ago) before the tests could be completed. Many prayed with her during that hard time in her life.

I never met Traci, but her quick wit and well developed sense of humor shines through in her posts. Here is just a sample:

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/423860/

Traci was beloved by many here at DG and will be sorely missed.

This message was edited Apr 23, 2005 11:29 AM

Braselton, GA(Zone 8a)

I was shocked to hear of her passing. She was so young and vibrant in the pic of her and her DH. While I did not know Traci that well, I had talked to her several times here at DG. She seemed like a very nice person.

My prayers and sympathy to her family and friends.

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

TraciS was my best friend. My family moved in the house right next door to where her family had been living for over 20years. She came up one day and tried selling us a vaccum cleaner of all things! We hit it off right from the start. We became fast friends. We started off being just waving neighbors ( you know..out in the yard...hey (wave)....hey (wave back) Soon we both realized that we were both out in the yard digging in the flower beds and so we would meet at the fence and talk about flowers. Soon it got to where the weather was too cold to have gardens so she'd walk over in her pj's and house shoes and coffee cup in her hand and we'd sit for hours in my living room talking about what we wanted to do in the yard soon as it warmed up.
Our friendship grew by leaps and bounds and before I knew it we were just like sisters. We talked about any and everything and never kept any secerts from each other. My kids fell in love with her because she always had something funny or sweet to say to them. She'd babysit them at the drop of a hat. No matter what time of the day or night I needed her she was always there.
Time went on and years passed and with her dh's job getting better they decided to try and get a better house so they could start a family. So they moved out and bought a new house which nearly killed me then. But we kept in touch as much as possible. Then it got to where the times we talked started getting further and further apart. Then it got to where we managed to talk maybe once a month. Kinda like the ole saying....Out of sight out of mind. Things started happening and next thing I knew they had lost the new house they were living in and had to move. They jumped from one house to another for several months because her dh's job wasn't as stable as they had hoped.
This went on for the last 3-4 years now and she never admitted it but she was depressed about all of it and then she started having medical problems, and we would talk yet she wouldn't tell me what was really going on with her. So there were times when I would go for months without talking to her because the feeling we use to have about each other just wasn't there anymore.
In fact I had not talked to her in several months and then for some reason I decided to call her on Friday April 15th just to say I was thinking about her. We had a nice talk and she seemed happy and even said we could talk again on Monday. Well I felt good about our talk and was excited about having her back in my life. Then her sister called me on Wednesday the 20th and said she had passed away the night before. I was in total shock. and still am to be honest with you. I've lost my best friend and even though I had chose not to call her and be a part of her life everyday, I don't have that choice anymore, and its killing me inside. I know I keep beating myself up over this but I just can't let go of her this quick. I am still in a state of shock and gosh I've cried so much my face and eyes stay swelled all the time.
I know it isn't my fault that this happened, and I had no control over it what so ever but I can't help but feel like I could have done something.

To my best friend:
Traci, you know I loved you and I will miss you so much.
You made me the person I am today and I thank you for that.
We didn't always see eye to eye on things but who does? I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you every single time you needed me. Just know you were there for me though every single time I needed someone. Rest in peace my friend, and may God hold you in his loving arms and brush all your pains away.
Your best friend
Molly

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

Molly, My heart aches for you. Please know for sure and for certain that Traci *does* know and understand how much you cared for her. She does not want you to be sad because she is not sad. She is in this wonderful place (Heaven) where love and beauty abounds. She most certainly would want you to have peace in your heart.

If I may be so bold as to make a suggestion: Focus some of your time and energy to a certain "corner" or "spot" in your garden and dedicate this spot to your dear ones memory.. plant the things she loved in this spot and the memory will perhaps help to ease your heart....

I am here if you need to talk.... Blessings, Starr

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

This was quite a shock. I never really got to know Traci, but from reading her posts I can tell she had a wonderful, caring disposition. I'm praying for her family and friends.

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Always upbeat, seeking joy in all that she could see......same as you Mollybee, love and peace to all.

"eyes"

Merrimac, WI(Zone 4b)

Molly,

I'm glad you got to have one more wonderful talk with your friend. Maybe that's why she didn't tell you about her health problems; she just wanted everything to be the way it was before just one more time.

God's peace to you.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

today was her birthday :(

Lincoln City, OR(Zone 9a)

Traci, time goes by but doesn't erase the fact that you were loved. May God bless your DH and family and may your memory live on.

I will never forget chatting with her during the time between our birthdays as her birthday was on the 5th of August and mine was on the 6th. We had a delightful chat that night. :o)

Lani

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.