Whirling Butterfly

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

I found these at a nursery I discovered a couple weeks back. The other name for it is Guara Lindeimeri.

They come in different colors but the nursery only had white flowers showing. Ultimately, I ended up with 3, they were so pretty I resigned myself to white.

I went out there this morning and found 2 pink bloom stalks coming out of the same clump that had the white bloom stalk. I think this is very, very exciting!!!!

BTW, this is my winter shade garden, turning into a summer butterfly garden. The sun just keeps getting higher and higher in the sky, no more shade.

Molly
:^)))

Thumbnail by MollyMc
Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Have seen white gaura throw a pink blooming section before. And as the white flowers turn pink after blooming the overall effect is great. I cut mine back rather sternly in the heat of summer when they start getting raggedy looking and it throws new blooms for me.

Thanks Blooms,

I will remember that. I really like this plant and the blooms.

Molly

Orlando, FL

looks nice

This message was edited Apr 23, 2005 5:40 PM

Bela,

That's a whole new flower bed there. I moved a bunch of things around and put in butterfly attractors.

Wait til you come down again to see it.

Molly

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Leave it room. They get quite large for me. I just tied mine up with their hose rings this am. The silly cleome perennialized itself and has been there for 2 years. Both died back in the winter but came back like gangbusters in Jan/Feb. I love the wild look of the gauras.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Yep, I give mine a short - foot tall cage around its 18 inch circumference and the bloom fronds lop out about 30 in beyond that -

well mayhap not that long. but they do keep growing and blooming out at the tips - til they look frowsy and I cut back.

Yall been holding out on me with these beauties. I was thinking I had discovered them. :^)))

I really do enjoy looking at them and watching the bees and the butterflies flitting around them.

Molly

Mystic, CT(Zone 6b)

Molly Mc and Bloomswithaview- I swear I bought pink gaura 2 years ago and it bloomed white last year. What happened?

Ivy,

Ya got me, these are my very first Guara's. I bought white and got pink. Good for me though, I wanted pink.

Let's wait for an intelligent answer from Blooms.

Molly

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

I had 2 pink and 1 white. Now they are all pink. I am going to blame the birds and bees as usual. LOL!

Mystic, CT(Zone 6b)

Maybe I should buy some white. I want pink!

Leander, TX(Zone 8b)

I bought this last year because I loved the little blooms. This year it came back and doubled in size with a ton more blooms than last year!!

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Molly, You are like me!!!

Thumbnail by rylaff

Beautiful Rylaff

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.