ID this White Iris?

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Wow, wow, wow! I couldn't believe my eyes when this opened. Where did I get this? LOL

Thumbnail by trunnels
Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

pic 2

Thumbnail by trunnels
Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

pic 3

Thumbnail by trunnels
Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

and my favorite!

Thumbnail by trunnels
Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

And this was this morning.

Teacher Tazzy, do you know what it is?

Thumbnail by trunnels
Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh, and forgot to say I believe it is a dwarf. Definitely shorter than my others.

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

It is positively a white iris ?
And it is beautiful

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Does it rebloom? It sure looks like Immortality and that one is a very short tall Bearded.

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

I don't know, Doss, but I sure hope so. I got several iris from a friend of my mom when she moved away last year. She didn't think the new owners would take care of her gardens so she let me and mom dig up a bunch of stuff before she put her house on the market. (And she was right about the new owners.)

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I love that white Iris!! I sure hope it is Immortality, because I planted that one last fall. Hasn't bloomed yet. I'll post a photo when it does.

Susan

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks, Susan. I hope it is Immortality, too, so I will have a name for mine!!

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Thanks to the plantfiles, there's always a photo.

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/33211/index.html

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks, Doss! I wasn't thinking. It sure looks like mine to my eyes. What do you think?

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

It sure could be Immortality. But I think that you should feed it about a month after it blooms with 5-10-10. If it reblooms, then you have a better idea. Feed it again after rebloom. The only way to know is to plant another Immortality and see how it grows. For instance, Fancy Dress, a 36" iris only gets to about 20" in my yard. Although Fancy Dress is easily identifiable, a white Iris is another thing altogether. One thing though, Immortality is a very popular Iris, a lot of people have it, and so it's more likely that you have it than not. Mine are blooming right now. Along with 'Conjuration'. It's better in person and VERY tall.

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/34560/index.html

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh, that is lovely, Doss. My white one is only about 24 inches but plantfiles says 24-36 on Immortality, I think. Thanks for the feeding tip.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

My Immortality has never been even near 36"

White Flower Farm says 29". Those size ranges in the plant files aren't very helpful for Iris ID.

http://www.whiteflowerfarm.com/32267-product.html

Here it is blooming next to 'Sugar Blues' which is a 36" iris. 'Harvest of Memories' is blooming in front of it but it's leaning in from the side. It's also 36" but doesn't look like it here. Anyway, you can see the relative size of 'Immortality.

Thumbnail by doss
Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

What a beautiful picture. That definitely looks like my white. I'll feed it and hope it reblooms!

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

My Immortaliy are budding up & never get taller than 24 inches. Wait & see if it blooms in the fall for positive ID.

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Okay. Thank you all!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.