corkscrew vine

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Okay, everyone. Keep your fingers crossed! I have a corkscrew vine in the making !!!!

Thumbnail by rylaff
Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

I'll cross my chin hairs, too - if anyone can do it, YOU can!

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

wow it is loaded down with blooms

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Yea, (sigh)(dreaming)

Mesilla Park, NM

It's cute, it looks like the head of a little toad, with it's tounge sticking out on the side.

Navarre (NW FL), FL(Zone 8b)

Lisa,
I have this incase you have no luck. Maybe you can try your luck with rooting some once mine grows out a bit. I'm sure you will do fine though. Good luck though.

Center, TX(Zone 8b)

I love this vine. I thought I had one coming but found out here on DG that the nursery I bought it from sends dead plants! I'm still a newbie here on DG and now I know to check garden watchdog before buying. I was so wanting this one. If anyone has seeds or cutting would love to trade or sase.

Lantana, FL(Zone 10a)

brendabloomer, which nursery/online scam artists did you order from? Best case scenario, you'll receive a teeny neglected thing that needs drastic help in order to survive. I ordered one of these from Direct Gardening last winter (don't ever buy from them, *ever*!) and when it finally arrived it was almost dead, but after a few weeks of TLC it's all ready starting to send out new growth. Where there's even a little life remaining, there's hope. I hope you're one of the lucky ones.

Center, TX(Zone 8b)

Liila...you've given me hope! I got mine from Four Seasons (same company as Direct Gardening). All the feed back on garden watchdog was negative. They all said their plants died but now you've given me hope that maybe and can get some of them to live. If I can get the clematis and corkscrew vine to live I'll be happy. When they get here I'll rush them all to the plant ICU.lol or boo-hoo

Lantana, FL(Zone 10a)

And don't forget to hang onto that shipping label on the box when it arrives. If they're Direct Gardening, chances are you'll have that "one year guarantee" to replace any plants that die. They probably figure that noone in their right mind will want to repeat the frustrating waiting game for replacements, and like me, would rather eat the loss than actually act upon it. Their plants are terribly inconsistent. Some of them were actually in good shape, some abominable. But now at least we know better. Good luck to you, and make sure to let us know what happens when your box arrives! ;-D

Center, TX(Zone 8b)

Yes I did get that "one year guarantee" and will keep up with the shipping lable and original box. I didn't spend that much and I'm not sure if it is worth the aggravation. Just cut my losses and move on. I've learned my lesson and will check out any other companies before buying from them. I'm glad to hear you got some plants that were in good shape so maybe I'll get some good ones to. I'll let everyone know when I get them how they are and will post on the watchdog also. Hate to see anyone else get ripped off.

Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

I bought from Direct Gardening also,,, NEVER AGAIN!, I bought my hostas and clamatis from Paradise Gardens this time, and WOW, what a difference. Beautiful plants, and well worth the money, it looks like alot, but as I said, well worth it.. they did'nt even wilt when I planted... and I want to get a corkscrew too, I have a shell vine that I got from direct gardening, and after the TLC that was mentioned, all the rotten leaves are gone, and I'm now starting to get some new growth. Lesson learned. Good luck with you vine....

Viv

Church Road, VA

I have 2 Corkscrew vines, for the first time, and they were just beautiful this summer. It had lots of those pretty little flowers all over it, tho they bloomed better when we got a lot of rain. My question is this, I have 2 long pods on them. They look just like green bean pods. I am wondering if this is normal and could I save the seeds and use for new plants next year. Thanks loads, Shirley

Westmoreland, TN(Zone 7a)

Yes Shirley those are the seeds for this plant mine is full of them.
Have a good day
:}
robbie

Thumbnail by rh3708
Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

i lost mine and wont go back to who i bought it from for the refund. mine was a gift ( from a friend) from a mentioned above company. was gonna ask for the refund but then saw the negitives.

i am glad to see you have seed pods on yours.sburley congrqats on that!!!

Church Road, VA

Thanks Robbie and imzadi, that is great, that I have 2 pods. Now, what do I do? I don't think they are hardy so when do I take the pods off or do I take them off now and let them just dry until springtime. This is my first year with this plant so I don 't know much about it. If it works and I get several plants, I will be happy to share. Shirley

Westmoreland, TN(Zone 7a)

My first year with it also.
I took one off the vine and opened it up and the seeds were tiny so i have let it alone and will have to rap the vine if i get any more frost.
you might find what your looking for here,
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/542364/
i hope this helps
:}
robbie

Thumbnail by rh3708
Center, TX(Zone 8b)

My corkscrew vine from Direct is still alive but not doing very well...no flowers. I got two more from a different company and they are doing better but no blooms. Don't know what I'm going wrong but at least they're alive.
Brenda

Church Road, VA

I went to the site you recommended and it is wonderful. Thanks loads.
Shirley

Aurora, TX(Zone 8a)

Wow.........cool.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.