New greenhouse garden room

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Finally did what I've been wanting to do for a few years now,and that was to enclose my deck area
between the house and the garage.I used the polycarb panels on both sides of a wooden frame,to create a 4 inch dead air space,and made a tunnel roof out of 10.5 mil woven poly.
I will heat it with a 20,000,natural gas btu thermostat controlled fan,vent free heater,been using them in the sunroom and the free standing greenhouse,and they work great,plants do great with them as well.

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

west side

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

inside pic

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

another

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

more

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Deck pond starting to awaken for spring

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Himrod, NY(Zone 6a)

Wow, what size is your room? To be able to play with plants all year long is a dream. I am, though, very thankful for my greenhouse as it is a great start. Arn't the vent free gas stoves great. We use several and I am thinking of one for the gh to hold us through early winter.

Thanks for the tour!

Joy

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Hi Joy
Your welcome for the tour,its 16ft x30ft roughly give an inch or two.
I'm going to try to cool it by putting a couple of those twin window fans from the joining bedrooms on the east wall of the greenhouse which is the west wall of the house,I know it won't be as cool as the house,but it will be cooler than if I don't have something.
I forgot to mentioned I used the smoke polycarbs panels on the outside and the greenhouse and the clear panels on the inside,that has a light blue tint to them.
I ran the orange snow plastic fence across the top of the woven poly roof,hoping
to scare and keep the squirrels at bay,they tear up everything they get there claws into.

Himrod, NY(Zone 6a)

T'man, I cannot believe how fast the gh can heat up with the polycarb panels or how fast they cool down!! I hope you can contain those "rats with bushy tails" we seem to have the answer here but not everyone agrees with 'bang.' We have had up to 13 in and around our birdfeeders... way too many.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

somebody PINCH me

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

No need to,just click your heels 3 times and say...LOL!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

LOL well that looks marvelous darling simply marvelous!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Thank you my dear!

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Looks great Don! I was wondering about the orange on top...lol..good idea!

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

How very creative!! It looks great!!!

Judy

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Thanks,spent the day running another gas line from the other greenhouse to this one,hooked up my new gas heater,and just in time for the frost warnings tonite.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.