I need some Id's Please

Hixson, TN(Zone 7a)

Tazzy & Doss & all you iris experts Can you ID these or point me in the right direction.

Thumbnail by cceamore
Hixson, TN(Zone 7a)

Here is another

Thumbnail by cceamore
Hixson, TN(Zone 7a)

Here is a yellow one of mine.Please can anybody help?

Thumbnail by cceamore
Farmington, ME(Zone 4b)

Wow that yellow one is beautiful! I'll be watching for it's name!

Broaddus, TX(Zone 8b)

cceamore in Hixson, TN
I have the same white iris which bloomed this March 2005!
It is a Reblooming, Tall Bearded Iris 'IMMORTALITY' It will bloom again in September, I hope
It likes full sun
Blooms early Spring/Summer, early Fall
Soil pH5.6 to 6.0 (acidic), or neutral to alkaline
Propagated by dividing rhizomes, tubers, croms or bulbs (including offsets)
Immortality was awarded the American Iris Society Honorable Mention in 1986 as well as the Award of Merit in 1990
Check out AMERICAN IRIS SOCIETY on your web for great culture and varities.

ENJOY

Hixson, TN(Zone 7a)

Thanks
Sudie

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

The last two are historical Iris. I don't know anything about them, except that they are beautiful. The top one may be Immortality. How tall is it? That will make a difference. Another hint is that Immortality was developed in 1984. Do you know how long this Iris has been in your garden?

If it reblooms then it's probably Immortality, but, I know that I'm a broken record here, the only way to tell is to buy another Immortality (or to trade) and then see if it's the same. Sutton's rates Immortality as a very reliable rebloomer down to zone 3 so it should rebloom for you, Especially if you feed it some 5-10-10 or other low nitrogen food about a month after it blooms. :-)

http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/18239/

Broaddus, TX(Zone 8b)

doss
You are right. Mine is more likely an historical iris.
I dug it from an old home site (log cabin) built 1917.
The property belongs to my family.
I know this beauty has been around longer than 1984.
Thanks so much for this helpful information. I'll make the necessary correction in my Garden Journal.
cceamor, I do believe doss has the correct ID.
Best Regards

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Is the white one as large as it looks?

Wouldn't it be fun if it was an Immortality Ancestor. Immortality certainly looks like it.

Hixson, TN(Zone 7a)

It is tall.I figure it is an old one.My mom got loads of iris from an elderly lady when I was in elementary school and when my father died and she sold our family home I went back to get something I left(I was in high School) and the lady was digging up all my mom's beloved Iris and throwing them in the garbage can.I was so upset that she gave them all to me. Heck i had my prom pictures taking in front of those Iris and grew up loving them. I could not believe someone could hate Iris!I have several white ones
They all have different colored beards so I was hoping someone would know what they were.
None of mine rebloom. Here is a pic I took today of another one.

Thumbnail by cceamore
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Aren't the old one's lovely?

Hixson, TN(Zone 7a)

Here is some more oldies but goodies!

Thumbnail by cceamore
Hixson, TN(Zone 7a)

Here is another I would love the Id's on!

Thumbnail by cceamore
Hixson, TN(Zone 7a)

I found my white one it is wedding bouquet 1952 Buttrick
http://www.argyleacres.com/pics/300s/WeddingBouquet300.jpg

Thumbnail by cceamore
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

I love those Iris, but the huge tree in the background of 'Wedding Bouquet' is quite a specimen. What is it's story?

Taylor, TX(Zone 8b)

Thank you cceamore,
You just ID'd my iris for me. Been trying to get an ID for a couple years. I didn't think it could be Immortality b/c it doesn't bloom again.
Thanks again! Glad I stumbled upon this thread.
Michelle

Hixson, TN(Zone 7a)

My whole yard is full of old oak trees. And because I had ten Pine trees die 5years ago and had them removed I have enough sun so I could plant a gardenso it started.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Ouch, you had to take out ten Pines? I can see why it's great for the garden, but not on the pocketbook. But I'm glad that you're enjoying the results so much. How lucky to have lots of old trees.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.