My want list:

FSH, TX

Mandragora autumnalis, Mandragora officinarum,etc...looking to acquire all 6 speciesof Mandragora.Poppy seeds any kind species or hybrid, any Brugmansia candida pink double. Will trade any number of different Brugmansia I have for live plants. I will also have seeds later in the year to trade on a very limited basis to hybridizers. Jamaican suaveolens x Candida double, etc.
Brugmansia

Port Huron, MI(Zone 5b)

You have no idea how much I wish I could help you out
sandy

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

Sandy, me too!!! :( well, I knew when I saw the title of the thread, I was dreaming:)
sorry Brugmansia, but I know someone will come through for you:)

Woodsville, NH(Zone 4a)

I have some Great Red Poppy seeds and maybe another color if you would like some

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

I sent you a list last night of all my different poppies, just in case something struck your fancy:)

Newberry, FL(Zone 8B)

I think i know someone, will check.

FSH, TX

Thanks Tig, Snowhermit, Arlene.
Hope the Brugmansia seedlings are doing wonderful in your yard and the cuttings as well Arlene. Snowhermit, do you happen to know what variety of red poppy seed you have? Species or cultivar name? I have quite a few poppies in my yard setting seed and a few reds, whites, pinks, etc. Just a pack of seed I started with some black eyed susans. A few pictures Dave and some others posted made me want to grow some more of these beauties. Papaver somniferum 'Double Violet',Papaver somniferum
'Giganteum' ,Papaver somniferum 'Double Scarlet',Papaver somniferum
'Danish Flag',Meconopsis napaulensis ,Meconopsis grandis are all varieties I would love to grow. Letting them all interbreed though as I like diversity more than genetic purity. Sure I might breed one or two seed pods just to make sure I had something I trully liked stay pure, but I can't see bagging all of them.
Brugmansia
Brugmansia

Woodsville, NH(Zone 4a)

The seeds were given to me by a neighbor and I was told they are Papaver bracteatum. They are supposed to get huge red flowers with black center.There is a picture of them in the Park seed catalog.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

I sent an email, but I do have Meconopsis grandis seeds.

This message was edited Tuesday, Jun 26th 11:13 AM

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

I have papaver somniferum danish flag. papaver paeony flemish antique, P. paeony pink, P. paeony white,P. paeony burgundy,P. paeony violet. double burgundy, double violet, double lavender. frilly red, frilly salmon. P. Lacinatum burgundy, P. laciniatum pink, P. laciniatum salmon.
These are all flowering now, some have pods forming seeds.

check out the picture of the laciniatum and the various paeony here
http://www.thompson-morgan.com/seeds/us/sindex.html?idx=alpha_p&PN=4

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

ooh, pebble, put me on your contact list when you're ready to trade!!!

FSH, TX

Pebble,
By the time those set seed you and a few others will already have several different varieties of Brugmansia from me. Thanks Pebble. I am just happy that I have one Brugmansia out of last years hybrids that I trully like so far for color, shape, etc. The calyx is split like the versicolor and candida hybrids in the back, but the front has a much smaller split with 2 very tiny splits to either side. I don't have any other hybrids that do this as the aurea and suaveolens hybrids generally have toothed calyx's all the way around. I honestly didn't know an apparent blending of those traits could be had. Still not sure if its a true blending though or if its because the flower is opening up a bit larger forcing the calyx to split open. The top of the corolla where it comes out of the calyx is much wider than either of its parents. Some of my other seedlings have potential, but they clearly need another cross to an aurea or versicolor type hybride. Ahh, boy do I ramble...Somebody slap me.
Brugmansia

Palmyra, VA(Zone 7a)

*SLAP* :)

Pebble,
You have Danish Flag? I have been looking for those, would you please save me some seeds!

Olympia, WA

yes please pebble can i be added on your list? i saw them at the farmers market and they are just so gorgeous. couldn't get it though had already spent my allocation on sedums. i have seeds of the ones i posted earlier this week if you'll like. i don't know the name though. thanks.

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

EGADS!!!! I went out to look at all my poppies, and when I didnt see the Danish flag - I realized I had ripped them out last week, cause although they were lovely, they were tiny.....I had them in pots, i think that's why....
I was expecting the blooms to be much larger, but they turned out to be as big as my thumb and i was dissapointed at the how small they were, decided not to collect any seeds from them.
I might have some that I didnt plant this year though.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.