My very first EVER iris bloom!

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

They are so beautiful -- I just can't quit taking pictures. lol Two others blooming now, too. These are unknown, given to me by a friend of my mother.
Terrie

This message was edited Apr 18, 2005 9:56 PM

Thumbnail by trunnels
Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Here's another!

Thumbnail by trunnels
Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

One more (for now)! This one was obviously planted too close to Camassia. :-)

This message was edited Apr 18, 2005 10:02 PM

Thumbnail by trunnels
Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

tunnels I think pic number one is ( Wasbash ).1936

love the camassia it so pretty , i never saw it before

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Wabash has white standards and far more tailored form. Your iris does not look at all like Wabash to me. Here is a pic of my Wabash.

Thumbnail by laurief
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Congratulations, Trunnels. Isn't a thrill?

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

Congratulations on your 1st iris blooms! They are gorgeous. The top photo is especially perfect. And that blue in the 3rd one is dreamy.

DOSS :
Bless you ,your right again had two index cards in my hand and one was Wabash another was Helen Colingwood and Helen dint have a white wire edge so i said Wabash which was so wrong / because it said white standards , I thought maybe light was affecting color .

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks, Tazzy, even if its NOT Wabash! lol

Thanks, Doss. I am in awe of your gorgeous iris!!

Laurief, your Wabash is very pretty.

Thanks, Scutler. I agree with the dreaminess. :-)

That camassia lily is one of three bulbs sent to me last year by cblunkjr. I planted and forgot about them so when they came up, boy was I pleasantly surprised! I think they are just lovely.

Me to got to get me some asap ? YUP i do

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Thanks for posting the Iris photos. They are all so pretty. I had my first one open today. It was Opal Wings and I was going to take a photo of it, but as I was bending over admiring it, my naughty cat rolled over on it and broke of a piece of the flower. Maybe tomorrow I will get a photo. Looks like another bud should open.

Susan

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Naughty, naughty cat!! I might have cried. lol

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Trunnels,

They get better and better each year - and they do quite well in our climate. In a couple years you'll be buried in Irises!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I redid a flower bed last summer and made it into an Iris bed. Samson my cat seems to think I did this just for him. He thinks it is a giant litter box and likes to rearrange the plant labels. He'd better be glad I really love him or there would be one less cat in my household!

Susan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.