Soaker Hoses... What Do I Do???

Springboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I know, I know, you're thinking, "What is she talking about??? She doesn't know how to use a soaker hose???" LOL :)

Well, not exactly. I'm sure I could manage, but I was wondering what the general concensus was on the best way to use these things. I'm thinking of snaking mine around the base of the plants and then mulching over to hide the hose. In one of my beds I cannot directly connect the hose to the main faucet, so I'll have to connect the lawn hose to the soaker hose to water that particular area. Is this going to be a problem for any reason???

Also, how long can I leave a soaker hose in place? Do I move them before cold weather comes again? Is there a chance in hot weather that the water will initially come out too warm??? Just wondering about a few of these things, and thought I might as well tap in to DG :)

Thanks so much!
Jacci

This thread has 15 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!