THIS AND THAT PART 2

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

The other topic was getting kind of long so I thought I'd start a new thread.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a fencing company I could hire to put up a chain link fence for my garden area in Au Gres? I want to erect at least an 8 foot fence with a gate and just spend the next few years amending the soil till we're living there full time and I can water and tend the garden.

We were up for the weekend and I really had to water those new trees I planted along with the perennials I transplanted. It is so dry. We need rain so badly. Some of my new plantings didn't look so good. I hope the extra water perks them up. My daffodils are fixing to bloom. When we were coming home from dinner on Saturday night there were a few deer in the front yard crossing the road. So far (knock on wood) the Liquid Fence seems to be working. They haven't eaten anything but they sure were looking. :) I also sprinkled some blood meal around the plants to help deter the rabbits. Not sure if that works for deer too. I'll be getting my electric fence around the garden this week I hope.

Did everyone have a nice weekend working outside?

Brenda

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

going to be 82 here today and i got up at 6:30am and as soon as the bus pulls away im OUTTA HERE and in the GARDEN!!! yahoooooooooooo

cya laterz
dori

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Have fun Dori!!!!

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Did you all get any rain up in the AuGres/ Bay City area today? We only got a little bit here in Wayne county..........not nearly enough rain. I sure hope we start getting some of those spring showers that are to bring May flowers. :)

Brenda

Allen Park, MI(Zone 6a)

Brenda
wait till Fri/Sat a rain snow mix is forecast with lows 34/35.

Paul

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

yes we got rain here about 6/10s of an inch
We sure needed it. I cant believe they are saying snow this weekend! sigh

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Ugh.............I heard the forecase for *snow*!! I can't believe it. Most of the perennial flowers I transplanted up north are in a raised bed so I'm hoping they will bounce back from the change in temperatures. I hope this is winter's last 'blast' and spring stays for good. I hope we get more rain than snow and that the weathermen are wrong. They get it wrong about half the time anyway. :)

I'm still awaiting Blocks to open. I may drive by there today just for the heck of it. They often open before they say they're going to. If they are open I'll let ya'll know.

Brenda

Allen Park, MI(Zone 6a)

Brenda
If you find it open plz let us know.

Paul

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.