I Found A Gold Mine!

SC, MT(Zone 5a)

I live on a farm. I have a large shop building that I rent out now because I lease my land to my BIL.

The current renter is a builder of windows. I walked over to the shop two days ago and saw a huge bunch of old framed windows. These had been removed to install the new ones. All different sizes and shapes.

I asked them what they did with them. They "pay" to take them to the dump!! I asked if I could have a few to build some cold frames...."Take all you want....we will haul them over for you!!"

I can't believe what is there...I think I could build two or three green houses with the thermopanes they have in that pile. The only problem with that is that we get occasional heavy hail here...

Check where you live...it is more than possible to find windows at no cost to you.

This thread has 13 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!