(Greenwood) Homer Baad

Payneville, KY(Zone 7a)

Greenwood, whose real name is Homer Baad, passed away in July, 2004 of a heart attack while vacationing in Alaska. He resided in Bonifay, Florida.

I've been reading over many posts that Greenwood wrote. I don't believe we ever had the pleasure of talking, but two things I've learned by reading his posts are: 1) he was passionate about his Hostas and 2) he loved to tell a good joke.

While reading his posts, I found these words that he typed as part of a post. The post was dated May 19, 2002:

Quoting:
"I believe that the people you care about most in life are taken from you too soon."

I'm sure that his beloved wife, Sugar_fl, would agree and it just makes me believe that Greenwood was a gentle ben and a caring soul.

He had many words of wisdom for anyone that was willing to listen or asked. Greenwood is sadly missed.

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

While I didn't really know him, I knew a lot about him through his wife, Sugar_Fl. They were on vacation in Alaska, and he was in the middle of what he wanted to do the most... go up in a seaplane and fish in Alaska. I'd say he died a contented man.

Fountain, FL(Zone 8a)

crimsontsavo and I went to our first RU last year at Florala. We had the pleasure of meeting Homer and Sugar there...sat across from them at lunch. He will be missed.

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

I didn't really know Greenwood either, but like darius, I felt like I knew him through Sugar_Fl. I'm continuing to keep the family in my thoughts and prayers.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.