(Glory) Gloria Jean Breal Lessner

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Gloria Jean Breal Lessner, known within DG as Glory

Gloria Jean Breal Lessner, age 57, died Thursday, January 22, 2004 in Biloxi. Mrs. Lessner was a native Biloxian. She was a homemaker.

She was survived by her husband, Ronald D. Lessner, a son, Ronald D. Lessner, Jr. and wife Christy, a daughter, Deitre Browne and her husband David, grandchildren, Corey Lessner, Nathan Peffer, Rebecca Lessner, and Jessica Browne all of Biloxi. Her mother, Audrey Breal of Biloxi. Four sisters, Deborah (Jim) Compton of Biloxi, Charlene (Billy) Demoruelle of Ocean Springs, Darnell Hodge of Pasadena, TX, Alisa Butcher of Florence, CO, three brothers, Charles (Anna) Breal of Ocean Springs, Jeff Breal of Mumbai, India, Freddie Breal of Biloxi, and a special friend Mary Ellen Spencer of Biloxi. Numerous nephews and nieces, and two special DG friends, Roz and BrugNanny.

Gloria was known by us on Dave's Garden as Glory. She loved her brugsmansias, and it's because of her hybridizing that we have many of the brugs we have today, such as 'Jessie Noel', 'Becca Lynn', and 'Old Glory', as well as others.

Thumbnail by Joan
Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

What a wonderful tribute Joan. Gloria was very generous with us all and a very special lady. She was taken from us all much to soon.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Gloria was such a wonderful person. Her personality was bubbly and her heart was big. She treated each and every one of us as if we were next door neighbors. I certainly do miss her forum conversations, her pictures, and most of all, the little notes I received from her from time to time. I'm sure her new brug garden is beautiful.

Brundidge, AL(Zone 8b)

Even now I tear up thinking of The great loss we have had losing her . She was a sweetie.

Matthews, MO(Zone 6b)

A true Southern Lady. Her charm and wit were only out done by her big heart. Till we meet in your gardens once more.

Thumbnail by TLynn
Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

A very special lady with a heart of gold. Glory is truely missed.

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

Through Glorias generosity, she lives throughout my yard. I dont think i've ever met a more giving person than her.
She was in my life for such a short time, but i am so thankful that i had the chance to live close enough to know her.
People like her are few and far between and she was taken from us entirely too early.
Jen

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

Reading about Glory on the threads touched my heart quite a lot... She was witty, genuine, caring, and quick to be generous. I wish I could have known her in this life, but certainly look forward to meeting her in the next... Here is a picture I was able to edit the lines out of ...

Thumbnail by fsrstarr
Crossville, TN

Such a beautiful young lady...she was always so helpful to others. Jo

Columbia, SC(Zone 8a)

I would love to help keep her memory alive by growing her cultivars. Would anyone with cuttings to share please let me know.

Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

I have tried to write several times and have to stop. Gloria was a really special lady. I was very privileged to get to meet her. She had a kind and generous heart and a wonderful sense of humor. When she knew she was sick, she lived each day to its fullest laughing and having fun. Her legacy lives on through her many brugs.

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Gloria sent me my very first brug seeds, and from them grew my baby Ollie and Dr. Suess. She was one of my first brug mentors and I'm missing her a lot.

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

I truly do not think I will ever be as happy as during this time (see Nov. 20, 2002, "Guess Who Came to South Miss.?", Brugmansia forum ) This is how it was every single day.

Edited to clarify referenced posts.

This message was edited May 3, 2005 12:11 AM

Northern Piedmont, NC(Zone 7b)

Every January, I stop to remember Gloria and all the friendship and sharing she brought to the Brugmansia forum. Her memory still survives in all the beautiful brugs she hybridized that we grow today. She was really a special lady who was taken much too soon.

Jean

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

So sorry for all her family and friends its wonderful she left flowers for all to enjoy.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.