Curbside treasure and other residents of our yard

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

The bench pictured was out by a curb for trash pickup. I just happened to get to it before the garbage men did.

The birdhouse Howie built me back in 1996 or so. It needs a paint job after all these years outside. He made it so the top is hinged inside, so should we get any birds, it's easy to clean. So far it's only hosted a nest of bees once!

The pig used to be in my grandparents' yard. When grandpa died in 1989, my mom put it in ours. Now I have him in this yard, the first one my husband Howie and I have owned. My grandparents had a special affinity for pigs since grandpa had a pig's valve in his heart. :)

The birdbath in the background has squirrels playing around its base. No story on it - we just liked it!

Everything looks pretty sparse right now, but it'll be nice when the Stella d'Oro lilies start blooming and the azaleas come back up (they had so much dead in them I finally just cut them back last week).

Thumbnail by gardenwife
This thread has 12 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!