Found a surprise today!!!

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

I went to my favorite nursery today and found this sweet potato vine "margarita" with a beautiful flower on it. I have never seen one bloom before around here anyway. We always get the ones with a lot of foliage or the pretty pink ones. I snatched it up and bought another one too!! There are 3 more buds on it. I hope it gets flowers all the time, I will certainly over winter this one.
Boy did it make my day!! LOL :o)

Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes
Brookhaven, PA(Zone 7a)

OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where do you go???????????? (I am 20 min. south of the city I will find it!)where where where???

Heather

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Heather were are you? I am in the far Northeast Philly near bucks county. It is at Creek Edge garden center behind the Franklin Mills mall if you are familiar with that area. They have some of the neatest stuff I've seen this year!! It was 3.00

Brookhaven, PA(Zone 7a)

you've got mail

Greenwell Springs, LA(Zone 8b)

i've never seen 'margarita' or 'blackie' flower down here...that's news to me. its beautiful.

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

me neither! and flowers with dark eyes, my fave

Greenwell Springs, LA(Zone 8b)

yall probably will not believe this, but i just got back from a garden center and found a blooming margarita......

i bought it, of course...and i asked one of the people that work there if they see that a whole lot..and they said no.

odd coincedence....

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

That is toooo cool. The flower looks alot like a morning glory. Is a sweet potatoe from the same family?
:) Donna

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

well, what do you know. While watering my marguerite today I noticed something that looks like a flower bud. I couldn't believe it! I will post a pix in the next couple of days. I have been watering w/bloombooster since vine is planted with petunias, so I don't know if this had something to do with it.

Brookhaven, PA(Zone 7a)

I found Blackie and Margurita at a local nursery-- no buds yet- but hopefully...

Heather

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Blackie flowered last year for me late in the season.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.