Speckled Purple Datura

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Does anyone out in DaturaLand know which purple ends up looking speckled, or mottled in color as opposed to solid? I could swear I saw a pic in a thread, was it MaVie's?
Thanks!
Jackie

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

Jackie, were u referring to this http://davesgarden.com/forums/fp.php?pid=667525 ? i do not know who else have it, after i gave some people seeds two yrs ago. it was a freak of nature that happened in my yard 3 yrs ago. so far, i have not seen anyone post a photo of seeds i shared. i only have a few seeds left. i will be planting some this year hopefully. perhaps i can share some seed with u at the end of the year????????

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

i saw some being sold on ebay

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Hiya MaVie, missed your posts, I hope you are well!
Yes, I believe that is the one, so unique and so pretty.
I would be very happy and honored, if things work out, to receive some of your seeds.
I just love the mottling along the throat, very beautiful.

Thanks, Marie. I will have to scope it out. :)
Jackie

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

I just planted some Raseberry Swirl I sure hope they come up and look like that.

Doris

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

sorry to respond so late Jackie. i have not been too well of late.

Doris, raspberry or discolor datura are one and the same, but NOT same as speckled datura.

from what little i know raspberry or discolor datura has white almost flourescent shine on the petals with purple marking around the inner part of the corolla. whereas speckled datura has dark purple marking along the yellowish/white petals.

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

MaVie - Good to "see you", don't you apologize, I know there have been trials & tribulations!
That's what I was thinking, they were not the same because the speckled looks so beautiful and unique, like a Monet painting.
Thank you, MaVie.

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

u're welcome Jackie, and thanks for understanding.

another photo of speckled datura i grew http://davesgarden.com/forums/fp.php?pid=667540

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Oh, MaVie, I just love it.
I have to say that it is my favorite.

Greenwell Springs, LA(Zone 8b)

me too, that is breathtaking.

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

Mavie, beautiful pictures, I had this grow last year, a little odd, not the normal purple and white that I am used to.
`Laurrie

Thumbnail by OhioBreezy
Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Laurrie,

That is so pretty!!!

Judy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.