Farndale webcam

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom

Hello! I thought you might like to see this webcam. It's from Farndale and it's of the daffodils. Okay, it's not a garden, but it's flowers anyway. Today we have pouring rain here in Middlesbrough. Our lakes and reservoirs need rainwater - the duckpond at Farndale had turned into mud when I passed by it at the end of March and there weren't any ducks on it. Though I think I heard a frog croaking.

So although it's dismal listening to all this rain plopping onto my roof and splattering against my windows, think of the miracles it's creating out in the countryside. I hope this is the right kind of rain that will soak through and replenish the plants.

The daffies in the webcam look a bit droopy. The town daffies have almost finished flowering but the Farndale daffies are still flowering. Enjoy Farndale with me!!

http://www.moors.uk.net/discover/index.php?mid=943

Southern Mountains, GA(Zone 6b)

Very nice.

Thank you Roseone! My goodness, it's pouing down here. The rain's going rat-ta-tat on the roof above me!

Southern Mountains, GA(Zone 6b)

Hope you get some warm sunshine soon!

Thank you Roseone, yes so do I. But our country needs rain - the levels are too low in our reservoirs. If this had continued it would have meant restrictions on water use for people living in the south of England. Not where I live - we must be wet enough already! I'd rather have this steady rain, which will do some good to our countryside, than endless dreary grey skies. Mind you, this means our plants will shoot up like beanstalks now!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.