Heuchera Lovers

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

If any of you are looking for some of the newer Dolce Heuchera are a reasonalbe price, check eBay seller Jardare or her web site :

Edited to say: Jardare is no longer selling on eBay or from her web site. It has been reported that she had a serious accident, but this has not been confirmed.

http://jadare.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PLST&Store_Code=J

I just ordered one each of Dolce Key Lime, Amber Waves, Dolce Creme Brulee, Dolce Peach Melba and also Heurcherella Strike it Rich Pink Gem. Does anyone grow any of these already?
They look gorgeous. I also have one of the new Carmel ones coming from Wayside Gardens.
I ordered from Jardare last fall and was very happy with the plants, so I'm hoping these will be as nice.

Susan

This message was edited Jun 7, 2005 7:41 AM

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Sorry, I just red bakc a few threads and see where there are lots of other Heuchera lovers here and also Amber fans. Can't wait to get my new ones and see how they do.

Susan

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Why Why did you post this site. I want them all HAHAHAHA.
Well I want at least 1/2 of them. I don't have enough shade for them.

Northwest, MO(Zone 5a)

Wow...those are beauties...just may have to order some.

Golden, CO(Zone 5b)

Makshi, when I looked at some on the terranova site, it listed them as for sun? Can these be grown in sun?

Long Beach, MS(Zone 8b)

Gee - thanks for this post!!

It just cost me almost $50. I promise to look no more (see eyes closed). My plants eat better than I do after I keep spending my money buying and buying plants and necessities for them!!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I think the Dolce ones can be planted in full sun or at least that is what they say. I am going to try it since I don't have much part shade. My plants eat better than me too and usually look better cared for, but that's OK. I enjoy thme so much. Now the other Heurchera I want is the Peach Flambe. There are so many great new ones.

Susan

Golden, CO(Zone 5b)

My local nursery says a lot of the new intro stuff is not available yet, one not until fall. :-((( Which is probably not a bad thing for my already overheated credit cards.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I found 2 Herchera at the local nursery that are new to me. Here's Champagne Bubbles. Veining on this one is great.

Susan

Thumbnail by lincolnitess
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Here's the second one: Marmalade. Very golden leaves with wine on the underside. Looks nice next to my purple ones.

Susan

This message was edited May 12, 2005 5:36 PM

Thumbnail by lincolnitess
Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

These are the same as coral bells, correct? I bought one last week called Key Lime Pie. I am crazy about hummingbirds and they really like those little blooms!

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Yes they are. Sure would like to see that Key Lime Pie.

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Beautiful new Heucheras! I'm sure they will look lovely in your garden.

Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

i got key lime pie several weeks ago.

Thumbnail by daylily970
Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Yes, that is it. It is a pretty shade of green? Is anyone growing Peach Melba? Now I wished while I was at the nursery that I bought it too.

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

I got 6 Heucheras and 3 Heucherellas from Foresfarm this spring and love them all. Amber Waves is one of them and it's taking off great, so now I have to get the other Dolce introductions-they all look beautiful. Silver Shadows is a real beauty to; deep burgundy with a silver overlay and it's taking off like it's been there for years! Just planted it in early April and it has over a dozen blooms arising.
Also tried 'Sunspot' Heucherella this spring and am wondering what other's experience has been with it. Mine is'nt showing any red spots in the center of the leaves yet; does that come with maturity or do I need to give it more sun?

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Did you find Sunspot at a local nursery? It is so pretty, I almost ordered it last fall with an order from Wayside.

Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

Gemini I got Sunspot last year and had it a pretty sunny spot and it seemed not to do well. The color's faded, so I moved it to a shaded area that gets a few hours of sun and it is doing better. Some of leaves are still faded, so I thinking that I might move to full shade. George

Thumbnail by Kruch72

It looks to be thriving to me, has it put out a flower spike? I love the variety of colors in these goodies.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Heucherellas will take more Sun than Tiarella but less than Heucheras.
In general I've found the darker the Heuchera the more sun.
Just the reverse of Hosta.
'Amber Waves' will fry in 'Purple Palace' sun.

I've had 'Sunspot' for two Winters now.
It does great, in a pot, in morning to just before noon sun.
'Amber Waves' I lost to a cool wet Spring but have replaced it.

The newest one we have is 'Obsidian'.
Talk about a black.

Ric

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Do you think there is enough interest to have a secret trade of these little beauties? I have hosted a hosta trade and would host it, if anyone is interested LMK
Teresa

Crossville, TN(Zone 6b)

Yes, I would join up. Heucherellas, Tiarella and Heucheras.

I just finished a Round Robin on Garden Web for these. It was fun. Obtained another lime rickey and Amber waves.

I have 2 sunspots. The more shade it gets the better off it likes it.

Wayside is to send me another 'Obsidian'. It did not make it through the winter.
Linda

Shenandoah Valley, VA(Zone 6b)

Thanks for the link. I am glad to know of a recommendation for Heuchera's-- not too many cultivars in my area.

Last fall, I bought 2 'Green Spice' and they have great veining.

I think that Heuchera is my favorite perennial (this week, anyway...). Love that Marmalade!

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Linda, how do they ship? Were they in decent shape when you got them?

Coventry, RI(Zone 6a)

I love love love my amber waves!!! I also have palace purple, purple petticoats, and mystery plant (oooooh, aaaaaah). I'll post pics soon, maybe today if I get a break in the rain rain rain, (did I mention rain?).

So, purple palace needs a bit more sun? Maybe I should move it.... Also, should I be concerned with mutation if I plant them next to each other? Currently, they don't get very much sun, but everyone looks happy.

-=LuLu

Crossville, TN(Zone 6b)

Pins, it was a small 3 inch pot and it did not look like much. As of todays date it is on backorder. I was looking forward to the dark leaves growing next to my 'June' hosta.

Susan, my 'Champagne Bubbles' looks great. It was a trade from last year. It stayed small but since Spring it has taken off. It has a nice spray of blooms and mounds nicely.

Thanks Ric for the info. I placed it in my files. I bought a lot in the Coop that just ended so I was hoping to find some that will take more sun. Linda

Golden, CO(Zone 5b)

I'm like you Linda, I'm hoping they will take some sun since most of my shade went to the hosta coop last fall. Terranova website suggests that they will take full sun, and I have some plain jane green heucheras in full sun but I'm wondering about the new ones. Especially because the sun at this altitude is pretty intense.

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

I think I may have to move my Key Lime Pie. I wanted it closer to the kitchen window so I could see it but I don't believe it like that much sun. It is going to take a trip to the hosta bed!

Southern, NH(Zone 5b)

Heuchera Row

Purple Palace, Can Can, Amethyst Myst, Saturn, Venus, Marmalade

Thumbnail by ownedbycats
Crossville, TN(Zone 6b)

Of all my heucheras I think Heuchera sanguinea has the most beautiful flowers. This only shows one stalk but mine has about 30. http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/1918/

'Champagne Bubbles' can't even beat it in my estimation which is why I bought it. Mine is cream color now but I may change my mind once I see the the pink. http://www.terranovanurseries.com/pages/plantsH2.html

Terre, I found some more shade for my coop plants. I think I will experiment using Ric's advise for my heucheras. I really need more plants for full sun. My 'Amethyst Mist' is in full sun to full shade but on the North side of my house.

Look at this "snow Storm': http://www.odla.nu/artiklar/images/bilder/heuchera_snowstorm.jpg

Neverending ....... Linda †

Golden, CO(Zone 5b)

I have one plain jane variety that I raised from pretty generic seeds that is thriving in really poor conditions, soil that bears a resemblance to cement, full sun (and at 7000 ft, that really is full sun) and it grows, spreads and blooming. Some of these that came in list on the tags, sun and some are very much full shade. I'm going to have water issues cause they all are going to want more water than I can give.

Cape Cod, MA(Zone 7a)

I ordered some heucheras from jadare, but there is a problem with her- she seems to have dissapeared. I checked the watchdog and her ebay feedback. I hope she is allright. I ordered about $90.00 worth of plants, they have been paid for- I just don't know what to do.
Heuchera Marmalade

Thumbnail by oceangirl
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Oceangirl, I ordered from Jardare too and did get my plants a couple weeks ago. I was not real happy with them, but they are growing. She had written me a letter a couple weeks before I got them saying she was way behind on orders because of the cold spring and that her business has grown so much faster than she expected that she had had to hire extra help. Sure hope you get yours. I was very happy with what I got from her last fall.

Susan

Okay RDT, you've done it! I love those sites.

Cape May Court House, NJ(Zone 7a)

MollyMc and I are trying to figure out what has happened to Amber (Jadare). Both of us have been buying plant's from her for several year's and this is not like her at all!

I have not recieved any of the plant's I paid for either (around $80) but as of right now I am more concerned about her than the plant's!

We will let you guy's know if we are able to get any info!

sue

(Zone 4b)

I get mine from Green Mountain Transplants which is right near home in Maine..... They do good online business too. Peach melba jumped in my cart this very afternoon. Its such a striking color! Many of my colorfuls get alot of sun and do fine. They are so brilliant. G2

Long Beach, MS(Zone 8b)

I have not gotten my plants either. Please post if anyone hears from her.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

When we first moved into this house a neighbor welcomed us with homemade date nut bread and some cream cheese along with a pot of "coral bells". She said, when I thanked her, "In time you'll hate me for this because they expand so much". Well, they are now a bit outdated and I have made gardens where there was just grass but I always keep some of Kay's coral bells as a lovely reminder of her. I have a lot of the more modern ones, like Autumn Bride and the variegated Snow Angel.

Golden, CO(Zone 5b)

anyone notice that jadare's website is down?

Atchison, KS(Zone 5b)

I just checked and yes it is down. I have 2 big orders coming from her and she had written me and told me that they were way behind because of weather and because of an influx of orders they were under prepared this spring. I have not heard back from her about when my delivery is coming but am giving her some leaway because I know that Idaho has had a bad spring. Mikey

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.