buds...

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

IF you are gonna have buds that bloom - when do they appear?
charlotte

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Charlotteda, they should start appearing as your peony leafs out. Then they will grow and swell with color and finally burst!! :) Of course, this all depends on the age of your plant. Newly planted peony can sometimes take a few years to settle in a bit before they bloom (but not always). What peony do you have? :)

Diann

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/486666/ This thread has a few pics of buds and buds opening.

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

Oooh, no blooms this year I guess. All mine are from last fall except one that did not do well last summer.
I have bowl of beauty, sarah bernhadt, karl resonfield, felix crouse and 3 unknowns that my elderly aunt gave me. Guess I'll have to wait until next year :)

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Maybe, maybe not. It all depends on how big the roots were, and how well they settled in to their new home. All it not lost. I just didn't want you to get up-set if they didn't bloom and dig them up and throw them away. :)

diann

Fenton, MO(Zone 5b)

I rarely get blooms the following year after planting a peony bush BUT this year I bought some more and put them in pots in February and it actually BLOOMED in the pot. That was pretty exciting. So.. you may get blooms!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.