What a relief! Peonies making an appearance...

Keyport, NJ(Zone 7a)

Last year after straining muscles and hurting joints to get stuff planted, the local squirrel gang dug everything up and what they didn't dig up they ate. GONE were the toad lilies, the lily of the valleys, the tiny little anemones, the peonies...
But...while there are no signs of many of the other pillaged plants, peonies are starting to unfurl in places where I had given up hope. Even if I only get foliage this year from them, I'm happy.

Oh yeah, squatter squirrel got evicted.

Sheila

Bethelridge, KY(Zone 6a)

Sheila,

I too had a problem last year with my one peony bought at Lowes. It grew to about 2" high and then died, I thought. To my surprise, I went out yesterday and found it is still growing, about 6" high so far. ☺

NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

Good!! .. jes plum tickled fer the both of you .. Big_Red & skatayama!!

- Magpye

Sterling, VA(Zone 6b)

I cannot wait for my peonies to bloom! They are such beautiful plants. The ones by my front entrance are sending up shoots. I got them from my mother a few years ago and they bloom like crazy. I planted 5 'Bowl of Beauty' peonies in my back yard last fall (from the co-op). At least two of them are sending up shoots! Okay, I might have to wait a while for those ones to bloom.

- Brent

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.