Lilac Question?????

Port Huron, MI(Zone 5b)

hi ..I have a Lilac that is very old and actually been shaped like a tree rather than a bush. My neighbor has medium sized bush and the other neighbor has one more like a tree. They are putting forth seeds right where the flowers were. I've only heard of obtaining lilacs via runners. Does anyone know if these seeds would be viable. I have had lilacs for years and never seen his happen before
Thanks for any help!!
Sandy
BTW...none of these lilacs has put forth a runner in years( so says my neighbor-I just moved here last fall)

[ Removed by member request. - Admin ]

Port Huron, MI(Zone 5b)

thanks K'ht'..
I was wondering so maybe I'll just have to try a few and see what happens. (nothing ventured..nothing gained:)
Sandy

[ Removed by member request. - Admin ]

Port Huron, MI(Zone 5b)

I've done that also..the branch in the ground. I have plenty of lilac here, I mostly was curious to see if they were worth gathering or not..in case anyone wanted any
Sandy

Silver Lake, OH(Zone 5b)

My dad was always cutting branches and sticking them in the ground -- but he put RootTone on the ends first. Always grew for everybody!

Good luck!

God bless,
Janie

Port Huron, MI(Zone 5b)

thanks all...I was simply curious about them. I don't want sny more lilacs anyway..in fact..this one may very well be coming down depending on how much light it blocks that my GH could use. As it is..these little pods seem to disappearing. i think they are just birdfood
Sandy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.