Nut grass

Grandview, TX(Zone 8b)

Help, I spent 2 weeks weeding and mulching my ornimental grass bed and the nut sedge in back with a vengence. Its really windy here so with limitations I spray with 20% vinegar. I also have a problem with johson grass.

Richmond, VA(Zone 7a)

Nut sedge will come back from the smallest fragment of root. Are you digging or pulling? Digging might help. I use a digging tool I found at one of the box stores for about $3. It's essentially a stick with a fishtail v at the end.I've had great results on onions, violets and dandylions. I must confess, I ended up going chemical on the sedge. Just remember sedge is not a true grass, so a grass selective herbicide won't work.

Grandview, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks for your reply. I'm just a little disappointed after I spent so much time digging the grass out of the bed and applying mulch. It looked great for all of one week! Image makes a product specific for nut sedge (grass), guess I may have to resort to this product. I've been applying 20% vinegar, with no luck what so ever. I really thought the vinegar would knock down the grass.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.