My Tomatoes

Mirpur (A.K), Pakistan(Zone 9b)

Today I collected my first crop of Tomatoes, lol..... Just for cooking, here is a photo.
Kaleem

Thumbnail by gumlla
Woonsocket, RI(Zone 6b)

Congradulations.! They are still green. What are you cooking?

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

What variety are they?

Toni

Hermosa Beach, CA

Good question...I've never seen such tomatoes.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Yes Kaleem, please tell us if you purchased seeds, traded for them or have saved them from other years. I collect tomato seeds and am anxious to know if they have a name.

Is it customary to harvest tomatoes at this color in Pakistan? How do you use them? What sort of recipe would you use these in?

Do you know what color they will turn when fully ripe?

As you can see, I'm full of questions and am curious about all sorts of things concerning them.

Here is a basket full of my tomatoes from another season. I grow many varieties that have a great number of shapes and lots of colors. We use them when they are colored up for the most part, but have a few recipes that call for them at the green stage.

My tomato plants are still quite young at the moment and it will be about 2 1/2 months before I get a harvest.

Thumbnail by melody

Yes..... your tomatoes are very beautiful and colorful, I received the seeds of these tomatoes from USA in a trade. Very beautiful shape, we use these in different curries, Ketchup and different salad dishes.
I harvested green these will turn red in two or three days, few are yellow and few are reddish black and also few red.
Kaleem

Pembroke Pines, FL(Zone 10a)

gumlla --- you do take some of the most beautiful pictures I have ever seen ! Are you a professional photographer ? If not you should be !! This last one is beautiful enough to be framed. The rest of us would enjoy this picture in the "Tomato Forum." Please do post it there also ?

Tplant
Thank you...... okay I will post there also, here is a photo... please identify...?
These are for you.
Kaleem

Thumbnail by gumlla

They look like a spice. Could it be a type for curry or cayenne pepper ? Don't know to much about fresh spices ?

No..... these are ???????????? some thing in the fruits....this tip is enough.
Kaleem

Had to go out to fertilize and water my garden. Gumlla I have no idea ?? They look like elongated blackberries ..

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Mulberries?

melody
You are right...... these are fresh and very very tasty.
Kaleem

Ijamsville, MD(Zone 6b)

Oh my, I have never seen fresh mulberries! only dried in the market. Dried they don't look so yummy!!

Enjoy - Kim

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

Your tomatoes look great Kaleem!

Thank you, I always picked green tomatoes, kept the basket in cupboard and in two or three days these are ready for cook.
Kaleem

Kennewick, WA(Zone 6b)

Kaleem

What is next to the green tomatoes in the first picture? I am guessing it is a fruit?
Tplant is right you take wonderful pictures. The one with the tomatoes in the basket would look so cool framed and hanging in the kitchen.

Thank you for posting them!

These are Mulberries and thanks for the comments.
Kaleem

Kennewick, WA(Zone 6b)

Kaleem

The yellow fruit are mulberries? I was thinking more like an apricot or something along those lines.

In the Basket? Melody post this photo.

Kennewick, WA(Zone 6b)

The first picture that was posted with the green tomatoes.

Oh yes these are Loquats, a very tasty fruit, sorry for misunderstanding.
Kaleem

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Loquats are a delicious japanese plum, lots of info in the plantfiles.

Kennewick, WA(Zone 6b)

Darius
Thank you for the info.
We do not have Loquats around here. Way to cold in the winter it looks like.
I don't think I have ever seen them in the store. Do you think you could grow one in a pot?

Sorry! I know that this thread is about tomatoes, I was just curious about the fruit in the picture.

Very easy to grow this delicious fruit from seeds, these days Loquats are ready and easily available , If you are interested then I can send you few seeds.
Kaleem

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

One of those looks like a black pear tomato. I have several of those planted and I hope they turn out. I hear they are very sweet and tasty. Now I have tomato envy *G*

Burlington, MA(Zone 6a)

Wow, I'm envious of the southern states. My starters are still in trays 5 weeks old. The average temps here are still upper 50's during the day and lower 40's during the night. We had one day that we hit the upper 70's. Had a frost two nights ago. My tomatoes are raring to go and so am I. Three more weeks and counting down. I start the second planting cycle of tomato plants in flats this weekend so I won't get them all at once.

Pleasant Grove, UT(Zone 6b)

I would love a couple of seeds for those Tomatoes Kaleem, what would it take to get some?... It looks very interesting, in the time that I lived in Korea I used to go to the Market and they would give me all the red tomatoes as they were too old to sell. Never was served a red Tomatoe in the time I was there (2 years) green Katsup probably sells pretty well there.

Drew

Drew
Mail me ...... I will send you seeds.
kaleem

Pleasant Grove, UT(Zone 6b)

Kaleem, Would you like some seeds of any kind?

Drew

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.