Shredded Bark

Hercules, CA(Zone 10a)

I am looking for a source of shredded bark that I can pick up in bulk in my own pickup truck. I live in Hercules, in the San Francisco East Bay. I would like to be able to purchase 1 cubic yard at a time and have it loaded into my truck. I don't want it delivered on my driveway, as it is easier to offload it into a wheelbarrow directly from my truck.

Can anyone direct me to a source of shredded bark near where I live? Thanks in advance for your help.

Southern Mountains, GA(Zone 6b)

Hi Clover1, needless to say, I can't help with your request but hope you find what you need nearby. I get mine locally and do just that, spread it around where I need it from the back of the truck or into a wheelbarrow.
Welcome again to DG.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Did you post this also on the California forum...several Bay Area gardeners there will likely have good information for you.

I'd suggest you avoid oak bark. The tannic acid it contains retards many plants.

Hercules, CA(Zone 10a)

I've posted a similar question on the California forum. I hope to get more local help from some of my neighbors.

Thanks.

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

Check Sequoia Forest Products in Dinuba, CA.

Hercules, CA(Zone 10a)

Unfortunately, Dinuba is a long way from where I live. I would be willing to drive as far north as Petaluma or Vacaville, as far south as Hayward, as far West as San Francisco, and as far East as Antioch or Brentwood. Maybe someone can suggest a supplier of shredded bark or 'gorilla hair' within these confines.

Thanks.

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

try some local big nurseries in your area. sometimes, they have facilities to process and sell gardening soil, mulch and other garden products for local residents in their area... at least that is true here in So. Calif. these local nurseries do sell in bulk and deliver too. let ur hand do the walking in ur local yellow pages. it does not hurt to make a phone call and inquire in ur local area. good lucK!

Winchester, VA(Zone 6b)

try craigslist.com - don't they have everything in the bay area?

Duncan, OK

Walmart sells a selection of pine bark mulch, chipped cypress, pine shavings and more. Cypress and pine bark is OK but no pine shavings and no cedar shavings.

Berkeley, CA(Zone 10a)

Hi
American soil Products in Berkeley has all that stuff in bulk !

Hercules, CA(Zone 10a)

Thanks everyone for your help. American Soil Products in Richmond sells a full range of organic soil amendments and mulches. Their Berkely site is now closed. They have a website that gives directions and their phone number.

http://www.americansoil.com/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.