Planting twelve trees today

Northwest, MO(Zone 5a)

I'm so excited....Hubby and I are getting 12 new trees planted on our property today. 2 European Whitespire Birch, 2 River Birch, 2 Bald Cypress, 3 Pin Oaks, 1 Shingle Oak, 1 White Swamp Oak, and 1 Red Oak. We have been in our home for almost 2 years and have lots of smaller trees planted that we purchased from Wal-Mart, Lowes, etc. But decided to splurge and get some larger trees 12 - 15 feet tall so we will be able to enjoy some shade much sooner.

The land we built our home on was hay ground and didn't really have any trees...except for a few big cottonwoods by the pond...these trees should have a big impact on our property. I'll post some pics later.

Deb

Northwest, MO(Zone 5a)

A picture of one of the Pin Oaks. My dh standing by the tree with our beloved Australian Shepard.

Thumbnail by Debsroots
Northwest, MO(Zone 5a)

Picture of two of the Whitespire Birches....one clump, one single.

Thumbnail by Debsroots
Northwest, MO(Zone 5a)

These are kind of hard to see. In the front are two Bald Cypress....the large trees in the background by the pond are the Cottonwood trees. Cottonwood trees can be a little messy in the spring...but they are beautiful when all leafed out.

edited to say: if I get a chance...will post more pics of different ones, and later when they are leafed out will post the same ones again.

This message was edited Apr 2, 2005 3:57 PM

Thumbnail by Debsroots
Minneapolis, MN(Zone 5a)

Nice pics and trees.

You should have planted one of the baldcypress trees down near the water so the tree could develop the knees this tree is known for.

Thanks for posting the pics.
Mike

Illinois, IL(Zone 5b)

New trees are even more exciting than a new car -- they appreciate in value instead of beginning to go downhill as soon as they leave the showroom!

Mike's right -- go get another baldcypress -- a very small one -- and plant it next to the water where it can adapt to the soggy conditions as it grows and form some knees.

Guy S.

Northwest, MO(Zone 5a)

I just may get another bald cypress. Thanks for the suggestion

(Zone 10b)

Wow. A pretty huge undertaking. I just added a dogwood and a red mulberry tree. I would like to add more, only my yard has limited space. It's great that you're adding invaluable trees to the environment.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.