Anyone here like to help a novice with PowerPoint ??

Porterfield, WI(Zone 4b)

I am putting together a PowerPoint Presentation for a group of Master Gardeners and I have a million questions. I have never used PowerPoint on anything except my own computer,and I don't want any surprises.

First question: Will I have any problems with a version issue?? I am creating in 2003, and have tried to open it on several different versions, the oldest being 97 which will read it on a floppy, but won't read my CD. But that is an older computer and it has alot of quirks anyway, so I don't think I have a problem there.

Secondly: I am asking for a computer projection screen on the wall, this group could get pretty large. Will I see the same picture quality on the huge screen that I see on my computer now, or will it get worse with the large screen? I'm wondering if I need to see if the local school has equipment I could "try it out" ? Is that necessary?

Third for right now: I read some online tutorials that said not to make the presentation too long, what is too long? Am I dealing only with keeping the interest of my group, or the storage factor on my CD? Since I am showing alot of pictures of flowers and plants, I'm getting long.

Hopefully there is someone out there who uses PowerPoint regularly, it's just play for me!!

Thanks alot! Legit

This thread has 9 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!