Siberian Iris 'Papillion'

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Would anyone have this siberian iris 'papillion'? I had it at one time, but I believe I have lost it in my move to Indiana from West Virginia. I'm sure I have something I could trade for one. Or if you know where I could find one to buy, I would appreciate your help. Don't have a trade list yest, but have several other siberian iris and lots of daylilies. Thanks!

deb

St Peters Village, PA(Zone 6a)

I have it but divided it last year. This site has it listed: www.youngsperennials.com.

Having spent most of the winter searching for sibs, I know this one is very illusive.
There's another site, will post if I find it again.

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Great! Thanks for the info. All the sites I found went back to Brecks and it is from catalogs past and they don't have it anymore. Talk to you soon!

deb

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

I can tell you that they don't have them at Iris City Gardens or The Iris Gallery or Mid-America. But I did find it here - at Brecks but when I went to the main page it wasn't there. You might call and see if they are going to carry them later. All roads lead to Brecks and the page is missing. Google was useless.

EXCEPT I did find them at:

http://www.turtleislandplants.com/TurtleIslandPlantsSite/irises.htm

It's a Canadian company but they do international orders.

I have no idea of the reputation of the company.

This message was edited Apr 2, 2005 3:51 PM

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Yep, that's what I found also. I saw the turtleislandplants.com, but they have it as a pink color. The one I'm looking for is blue. Thanks for the help!

deb

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

How very odd. Who knows what that lovely Iris is? But you're right that it's not Papillion.

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

I may have found the siberian iris I was looking for! I contacted San Souci Iris Gardens and was told that they have a lot of iris not listed. The gentleman was sure there was Papillion out in the field but would have to wait until they were up more. :)

Deb

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Very clever Deb. good work.

St Peters Village, PA(Zone 6a)

Papillon is listed in new Olallie catalog just rec'd yesterday.
www.daylilygarden.com

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Great! Thanks for the info!

deb

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

You sure do have to know your catalogs to know that there are Iris in here. But Papillon is lovely.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.