I'm the April Fool

Columbus, OH(Zone 5b)

I learned a few things today:
Buying a lawn-mower opposed to hiring a Gardner, is much more realistic sounding "on paper".
On a chilly spring morning it is NOT a good idea to wait until things warm up a bit before mowing the lawn.
Wearing a black, long sleeve T-shirt is also a bad idea.
It's best to empty the grass-catcher before it's full and weighs more than a baby whale.
After struggling to push my new Troy-Bilt over the gentle slopes and up what once looked like a slight incline, I realized the sound of huffing and snorting was me and not a stampede of Buffalo.
(I honestly didn't know I could make that noise.)
I also realized the additional $40.00 for a self propelled lawn-mower was probably a darn good feature I should not have skipped.
Three wheelbarrows heaped with grass clippings is an excellent reason to start a lasagna garden.

I thought it would take about 30 minutes to mow the lawn and then I could come in and clean house.
Yeah right...

One more thing, I learned why it's so important to balance your load when working with a wheelbarrow.
If the sucker goes down you're likely to go with it, I'm living proof of that unfortunate little fact.
On the bright side grass clippings make for a soft landing.

Dovey

This thread has 7 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!