My "Annual" Poppy

Brookeville, MD(Zone 7a)

I posted a thread on here back in winter about my poppy that was still alive and green and it stayed that way through snow and all.

And now...... just look at it! Isn't this weird for it to be a evergreen perennial in zone 7??

Thumbnail by CaptMicha
Keene, NH(Zone 5a)

hello capt. hmmm what poppy is that???..it looks kinda like rose campion...lychnis coronaria...which definitely will seed everywhere..or maybe even a baby bachelor's button, centaurea montana which also seeds .....but it doesn't look real poppy like....I could be wrong!! but I'm wondering what it was called when you planted it..

Brookeville, MD(Zone 7a)

Opium poppy. I'm trying to figure out which one it is myself. It flowered last year and though I can't remember the flower in detail, it was a poppy flower. Unless I some how mixed up the plants... hmmm...

Keene, NH(Zone 5a)

yeah. it's definitely not an opium poppy--which actually is best started from seed (by the way I still have some seeds left from my seed trade if you want some!!) i'm betting on the rose campion- time will tell!

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

Capt,
That is definitely a Rose Campion, as sjms said. I have some of those and mine stay evergreen here too.

Brookeville, MD(Zone 7a)

Ohhhh! @#$% I wanted it to be a poppy!

How do these transplant? I think it'll be finding a new home... maybe.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.