A tire planter into a.....

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

......Into a bird bath! I wanted to have a suitable birdbath that is steady and I had used other methods that had not been successful to my expectations. So, I saw a rectangular birdbath at a friend's house and he had got that stone scooped so that birds can drink and also bathe. I inquired the stone mason by the roadside how much it costs to make one for me like that after giving him a little drawing. The price for making it on my stone felled me! Immediately on the spot, I cancelled the idea and was just relaxing in my garden, looking at all the mulch and the tire planter lying nearby. Suddenly, I got the idea of lining this planter with plastic so that birds can enjoy. This had a background of my pond liner that I had relaid after some modifications - I had cut off the corners as it was giving trouble while folding. So I used one of the triangular pieces for this new birdbath. It looks nice to me. Now it has to look nice to the birds! The tire is of a car.

This thread has 20 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!