Canadian RU photos

Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

This is one of Glenda -ggd, Heather -Heatherbelle, and Linda - MG99. Taken the 28th of March, out side Heathers place, with Glenda's new car.

I'm a hoping to post each evening, or more often if I get a chance, just so that you who so disappointingly couldn't join us, will feel like you are here with us.

Thumbnail by MG99
North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8b)

An excellent idea. Everyone looks marvelous.
Cool car too.

That's great. Now I won't be so lonely. Thank you.

North Saanich, Canada

That picture turned out great Linda. Thanks for posting it!!!
Sorry I can't make the RU ladies!!! But I will be thinking of you and will try to check DG while I am away in cold, cold Saskatchewan!!!
Have a great time!

Glenda

Winnipeg,, MB(Zone 3a)

Great to see pictures of the girls,
hope you take allot and keep posting them for us.
Miss you already Ginny

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Thank you Linda.......we're looking so forward to meeting y'all!!! Ü

Thanks Linda, great picture! And a really great idea, to post photos as you go along. Sure wish I could be there, but this way at least us non-attendees can keep track of you guys. Have fun!
Christine.

Castlegar, BC(Zone 6b)

The three Muskateers! Great photo ladies.

Verona, ON

It is so nice to be able to put a face with a name. Thanks you so much for posting this pic. I am looking forward to all the future posts so I can see what fun you are all having. Love the car Glenda!Hope you all have a blast!!
Dianne

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3a)

Thanks...waiting for more...please pics from the garden tours and nurseries if something great is blooming! Joelle

Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

OK, here's the start.

It's bed time here, most have gone to where ever they are sleeping. It's been a very busy evening.
We had BBQ prawns with Lynn's home made recipe, they were really tasty, really tasty! Then pigged out on pizza, wine and some cake.

Jeanne did a slide presentation and talk about brugs, and got lots of added information from Liz who showed up!

Everybody got along well, and lots and lots of trading and plant talk. It was like Christmas there was so much excitment.

We took some pictures. but not everyone is in these. A few people took photos, so I'm sure they'll be posting as well.

Here's the first one

From L-R Ginny (Inanda), Lynn (jagonjune), Ann, Lynn's friend from Edmonton, Heatherbelle, Dawn, Lana, Liz, Pam (Lilypon), Pam's DD Jen.

This message was edited Apr 1, 2005 10:30 PM

Thumbnail by MG99
Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

L-R Sandy (nightowl2), Ingird (Paridise), Ginny (Inanda)

Thumbnail by MG99
Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

L-R Dawn (sunrise), Lana (Soloman), and Liz leaning forward. She's just getting up and I took her picture.
So no pictures tonight of me, or Jeanne (brugcrazy) or Donna (Old Flower Girl) I think....

On the morning we're off to Butchart's, Butterfly gardens, and a slew of nurseries then out for dinner tomorrow night.

Thumbnail by MG99
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3a)

Great time had by all!!!(the last photo won't load for me-just the red X)

Winnipeg,, MB(Zone 3a)

nice to see everyone,
have a great day

Thanks for putting those up for us to share, Linda. You must be tired, take it easy.

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

It sounds like you guys are having a great time! Thanks so much for keeping the rest of us in touch, Linda. Looking forward to the next installment. And hey, I can help you clean up the aftermath in a few days :-)

Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

Shannon I've got a pile of plants for you from various people. Glad your new job is looking good. See you soon.

More pictures to follow tonight!

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8a)

Well, that was a treat, .........Liz made it! And have a great time today, guffing about the nurseries and such! Elaine

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Really, Linda?? :-) Thanks! Wow. I should be mailing some stuff to peeps in return - but not sure what-?

Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

We had a great, busy, and no rain today. Lots of photos, but I"ll post in the morning, sorry for making you wait, but I'm beat.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3a)

OK- we will see them in the morning. Glad to hear you had a good day. J

Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

Well it's a bit later than morning, but I'll start posting a few of the >200 photos that I took, not including all the photos that Lilypon, OldFlowerGirl, and Paridise have taken. I think we all have said, my batteries have died and/or my (digi) card if full. Nightowl2 has got lots too, hopeing she post some of hers as well.

Inanda joined us today, we had lunch with her down at the ocean, then went to the fishermans wharf and actually hand fed wild seals. That was really fun, something I've never done before.

Now I'm home, resting, albeit on the computer, while they are out shopping and doing some more garden snooping. Then tonight will be BBQ wild spring salmon, straight from the fishermans wharf, and prawns. This will include Lilypon, Paridise, OFG, Inanda, Pam's DD, Jagonjune and Jagonjunes friend Ann, and Cheryl, oh and me too. Everyone else has headed home.

It's lovely day here, now, sunny and warm.

So here's some pictures frm yesterday, and Butchart's garden.

Just as you go in: OFG, MG99, Paridise,Jagonjune, Ann, Lilypon

This message was edited Apr 3, 2005 2:43 PM

Thumbnail by MG99
Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

Where do we go now?

Thumbnail by MG99
Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

camillia

Thumbnail by MG99
Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

camillia petals covering a roof and ground

Thumbnail by MG99
Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

Cherry blossoms

Thumbnail by MG99
Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

Entrance to Japanese gardens

Thumbnail by MG99
Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

the Japanese gardens are still at the butchart gardens, just so you know...

Thumbnail by MG99
Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

Still in the Japanese Gardens

Thumbnail by MG99
Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

can you guess where this one is.... that's an easy one.

Thumbnail by MG99
Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

fiddleheads growing under some huge redwoods.

Thumbnail by MG99
Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

a wovely willow

Thumbnail by MG99
Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

magnolia bloom

Thumbnail by MG99
Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

another one

Thumbnail by MG99
Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

a huge magnolia tree by the old residence at Butchart's