Twin Leaf

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Are these plants slow to come up? I planted two of them last year, but haven't seen hide nor hair of them yet. I sure hope they make it past the winter. On the brighter side, my pussytoes have a bloom on them!

They should be up by now. Those would be classified as a spring ephemeral. Mine are up and I'm in Zone 5. Do you have deer around you? Deer like those about as well as they like Trillium grandiflora. My Pussytoes are up also.

Germantown, OH(Zone 6a)

I would think they would be up by now. MIne are up and finished flowering. I gave some to a friend last year and his are just coming up, I assume they were set back by the transplant.

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Since I still have no sight of mine, I'll officially declare them deceased. Now the part about finding others. I'll post on the Plant Trading forum. Do you think offering a choice of Mayapples, Celadine Poppies, false Soloman Seals would be interesting enough as a trade, or are they too common for a trade for Twin Leafs?

If you wait until next year, I will send one to you. Not a good time to disturb them right now as they are no longer dormant. No need to offer anything in exchange.

Do you have any native plant sales in your area? That's where mine came from. Just a thought as the plant sales are hitting hard and heavy around here right now.

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

We had one last weekend, but that was the day for our GARU, so I had to miss it. Thank you so very much for your offer. I'll keep looking for more sales this spring.

New Providence, NJ(Zone 6a)

I got mine from Mary's Plant farm. She has bunch of wildflowers. And they are great. Everything I ordered from her last fall are up this spring: Mayapple, twin leaf, blood root, hepatica. Here is her site: http://www.marysplantfarm.com/.

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

What a great site! Thank you so much for letting me know about it. Now to save some money. I just love those pink Shooting Stars!! And I've never seen such huge twin-leafs!

New Providence, NJ(Zone 6a)

You can get more quantitiy from www.shadeflowers.com for cheaper price. I never ordered from them yet. The watchdog on this site gives them good rating. I am planning to try it this fall since they only ship dormant roots. Same here, got to save money for more plants.

Fang

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Thanks so much for the link. I'll have to look closer at them when I get home.

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Sunlight Gardens (east Tennessee) also has a good selection of native plants, and they're quick to point out they are all nursery-propagated. If you look for the in the Watchdog, you can write and ask for a free catalog.

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

What a great nursery! Thanks for suggesting it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.