blue pea vine?

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

I just got these seeds in a surprise trade. Does anyone know what they are?

Crestview, FL(Zone 7b)

Removed by member request

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Mine just bloomed this week. I grew it from seed. The germination is slow and not all will germinate. Give it some time. You might also try soaking the seeds inwater before you sow them.
Calalily

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

snicker snicker snicker. Do I really want to see a picture!!! LOL!!!!

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

well, I just looked this up on botany.com and it says sow 12 weeks before warm weather. So I doubt I should even try now, they might just get germinated by September, and I don't really have room in the house for another large plant come winter. But I can't wait to see the pictures and grow this next year.

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

TiG
Keep your seeds in the fridge so they will stay fresh.
Calalily

Crestview, FL(Zone 7b)

Florence, AL(Zone 7a)

tiG, if you plant them in a pot to start with, they don't make a very big plant the first year, and you'll have lots of blooms early next year. Has anyone kept any of these seeds for an extended period? How was the germination? Most things that make a bean-like seed don't seem to keep for more than a year, for me anyway.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

I planted mine 6-25, and they sprouted 6-27. Just hope I get some seeds to share:) With a long GA summer, I might even get a flower, who knows:)

Crestview, FL(Zone 7b)

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

oh yes!!! That was the night I soaked my seeds and held my breath!!! Gorgeous! Thanks so much for the picture, that blue made my heart jump:)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.