Shame on Dave

Pinellas Park, FL(Zone 9b)

Just what I needed. A coleus forum. I have always loved coleus and use them frequently in my plantings but have tried to keep them down to a minimum due to space. I have a fairly small front yard to garden in and 2 large reclinata palms taking up a good deal of that space. I am trying to find homes for the palms rather than destroying them but no one wants them bad enough to dig them up. So, until that happens, I have to utilize what space I have. I have a back yard but that is doggie domain and nothing stands a chance back there as I have 2 large dogs that love to run and run over anything back there. Well, back to coleus, I knew there were alot of varieties and mutations but the pictures here just wow me. I gave in yesterday and planted a flat of rainbow mix and a small bowl of black dragon so hopefully, if everyone will cooperate and not post any more pictures, this will hold my cravings at bay for awhile. :-)
Jan...

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

Jan...a big WELCOME to the Coleus Forum. I can promise you that once you have that bowl full of seedlings grown and into the ground, you're going to find more and more reasons to buy more and more coleus. (I believe there's a MWaaaahahaha (evil laugh) echoing in this chamber, did you hear it? :-D)

I have dogs, and cats, and rabbits, the occasional deer, woodchuck and moles...but I still have a craving for those coleus plants. Last year I only had 3 or 4 varieties...make that 3...growing outside. I loved them so much that I put them in containers (I took a few cuttings too, just to see if I could do it..so I ended up with more)...but those poor containers were drug ALL around the yard just so I could see what they would look like if I actually *planted* them somewhere. :-D I think that moving those heavy huge pots was what convinced me to get a LOT more for this year. LOL

You're probably thinking "Will she plant them in the ground this year?"
:-O You must be joking! IF I put them in the ground the dogs and cats and rabbits and moles would *destroy* them. :-D Nope, I found out that I like containers for my coleus. Besides, I can fool people into thinking I have a whole lot more stuff in my yard when I can move things around.

LOL

I'm SO glad you stopped into our new forum...and you're right
"Shame on Dave!" :-D

Hope to see you more often now that you've found us.

~julie~

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Jan a big welcome to this great forum. I know you will like us and more of your yard will be taken over by us. LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.