Senecio confusus is blooming...again

Spring Valley, CA(Zone 10a)

This vine just seems to bust out in blooms about every other month like this--year round.

The little Viceroy butterflies are migrating now too. They have been flying by all day today.

-Ron-

Thumbnail by RWhiz
San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Beautiful! Have you been getting the painted ladies too?

Rotterdam, NY(Zone 5b)

Gorgeous! I would be staring at that all day! LOL Thanks for sharing....those blooms are really beautiful!

Spring Valley, CA(Zone 10a)

I guess that's what I meant frogs--Painted Ladies. I was sitting near the garage and could count over a hundred of them about every five minutes--and this has been going on for hours.

-Ron-

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

I have not had very many here. Too citified I guess. I usually grow my own fritilaries though later in the summer. Not by choice though.

Currently I have pacific treefrog tadpoles in my brug cuttings Lol! Isn't it nice to be part of the ecosystem?

Thumbnail by frogsrus
Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Hey Janice, nice to see you posting, I missed you! I am envious of your little frogs, I used to have alot and now I only have a few. I think the dogs must be eating them. Blah. LOL
Donna

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

those are beautiful!
Love the color!!!

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

They grow here too, up into the trees sometimes. I broke down and bought one, I can't wait for it to bloom. Yours is gorgeous!

Those flowers must be so very attractive to butterflies! Wow awesome!!!

Joseph

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

oh my how pretty. oh i would love those . okay adding to wish list . hehe like i need to add anymore to my wish list. Lol

Ventura, United States(Zone 10b)

Ron, yours is gorgeous! Do you prune yours at all? Mine got huge and was a haven for snails to hide in, and it was starting to cover nearby shrubs so I hacked it way, way back. I think it flowers on new wood, right?

Orlando, FL(Zone 9b)

Thanks for posting the picture. I have this growing in the backyard and I didn't know what it was. How do you propagate it?

I noticed that when the flowers die back the center turns brown and there are fuzzy little things in there? Are those the seeds? Is it easier to plant those or take cuttings?

Thanks!
polar

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

That is so pretty! The color is sure eye popping.

Ventura, United States(Zone 10b)

Polarbear, cuttings root easily, but the seeds don't appear to be viable. I get a ton of flowers and subsquent seeds, and I never get any seedlings popping up from the soil below so I don't think seeds are the way to go with this vine, especially since cuttings root so easily.

Orlando, FL(Zone 9b)

Thanks Clare!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.