Source for pot holders....

Joseph, OR(Zone 5a)

No, not for the table, but for the really cool pot holders in the picture below. I'm looking for a source that carries these.

Thanks,
J

This message was edited Mar 27, 2005 6:23 AM

Thumbnail by orange_knickers
Rotterdam, NY(Zone 5b)

I love those! Are you looking for them or just posting what you found? Cuz I would love some of those to hang from my patio post...that would look cool.

Joseph, OR(Zone 5a)

No, I'm looking for a source for them. I think they would look cool here too!

Rotterdam, NY(Zone 5b)

I hope you post where you find them when you do...I would love to check out the site. I'll try to look today too...still learning how to get around DG so I spend alot of time reading LOL!

Joseph, OR(Zone 5a)

I know, I spent hours on here yesterday, I was home sick, but I learned alot! I'll be sure to post if I find them.

J

Corpus Christi, TX(Zone 9a)

Those are way cool. Where did the picture come from, a magazine? Maybe that would give you a lead on finding the pot holders.

I wonder if it is some kind of wall sconce and they just put pots in it instead of the light or candle holder?

This place has pot sconces.
http://www.capitalgardens.co.uk/acatalog/Victorian_Gardenware.html it isn't exactly what your picture shows but close.

Good Luck!
Laura

Joseph, OR(Zone 5a)

Close, but no cigar. They have some cooltuff though so I bookmarked them. Thanks for sending the link!

I found them in book called Container Gardening: Using Containers to Enhance Your Garden, by Anthony Atha. It was a cheap Barnes and Noble book so I think that would lead to a dead end. But the pictures in the book are great! I hope someone finds em!

J

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Couldn't you just make them from 1/4" soft copper tubing (used for icemaker lines)?

Joseph, OR(Zone 5a)

How flexible is that tubing darius? That is an interseting idea. You could make em for all sizes. Do you think that would hold the weight of a pot, say 8"?

The tubing is fairly flexible but be careful not to kink it. Whether it would hold the weight would depend more on how the tubing is fastened to the wall. If, for example, you flattened the tubing about 3" on the end and used it as a fastener with holes drilled in it, it might work with a Tall Tom like in the photo. Might not hold a regular 8-10" pot when watered.

You could also run something stronger inside the tubing if necessary, a hard wire or something. I'd get a short piece at HD or Lowe's and experiment...

Rotterdam, NY(Zone 5b)

maybe clothes hanger?? not sure that would work.....but if you wind it around enough...might just be strong enough to hold a small pot. hmmmmm actually Darius...you might have touched on something LOL as my "honey do" list gets longer...

I make garden art (snails & such) out of 1/4" soft copper but I'm moving up to 3/8" for more strength...

Rotterdam, NY(Zone 5b)

That's very interesting Darius....maybe you should make a couple of these pot holders and put a price to it.....might make yourself a little bit of cash for a rainy day fund, etc. Just a thought....

I'm thinking of doing just that, LOL!

By the way, I gave the wrong names for those pots, they are long Toms, not Tall Toms...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.