I have bought 5 Phalaenopsis in the last month

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

My sister started me and now I have added more. They last so long, I find they are better than cut flowers. However, in the distant past I have tossed them when they finished flowering. Anyone know how long it takes for them to rebloom?

Hard for me not to love this one.

Thumbnail by Kell
San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I think this one is great too. Bright at any rate. LOL

Thumbnail by Kell
Campbell River, BC(Zone 8a)

They're beautiful Kell. If the plants are strong and healthy and you're sure the flower spike is not going to produce any more flowers at the tip, just before the last flower finishes, cut the flower stem off just above the bottom or second from the bottom node. Often they will send up another flower spike which will take about 8 weeks. You shouldn't do this too many times to a plant though because it's possible to kill them by making them bloom too many times.

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Kell, They're real beauties. How big are the flowers? I like the smaller varieties myself. Have so many to choose from. I've got 17 phals total now, but only 4 are large flower types. Here's one that's blooming now. Flowers are about 1.25 in. wide X 1.5 in. high.

Thumbnail by beclu727
Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Hi Kell! I just love these! I have the one in your first pic and we think it's beautiful. It bloomed last year and I really thought it would die, but in Feb. it started with more blooms and looks so pretty! I could easily fall in love with these guys! Don't you love them?

LOL....I don't know anything about them, other than I do think they are beautiful and love them. I guess I should learn more so I could be a good 'mommie'!

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

I don't know much either, but I had a few for a while, and decided to add them to my Florida room with my African Violets. I have installed grow light over all my plant stands ,so that should help. I just got 2 today fron Odoms and they are so beautiful. I guess I am now hooked on another plant. Carol (nancyjean)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.