June 23, 2001

southeast, NE

Good afternoon! Is everyone out enjoying the beautiful day. I worked in garden for awhile until hives started itching again. Dh and dd left for cattle show this a.m. I got up at 4:00 to get sandwiches, drinks, etc and after they left I went back to bed and didn't wake up until 8:15 - haven't slept that late for ages. DD will only show her two steers. Her heifer has been walking with a limp off and on for the past two days. They think it is a pinched nerve so decided it was better to leave her home. She probably weighs 1100 lbs but she still likes to play with the other show calves and sometimes they get a little rough and hurt each other.

I am headed to one of the local state parks. My family and a bunch of other family friends are meeting to deep fry a turkey. Have never tried than and am looking forward to it.

Went over to this same park last night. Both of my brother-in-laws bought new F350 Ford pickups. My sisters and I just rolled our eyes as they were doing their tool time Tim immitations. DD got to drive one of the pickups - she thought she was pretty cool and hinted it would be nice to have one. I just told her she'd better start saving - she might be able to afford this year's models in about 10 years.

Well I'd better go do chores - critters are going to get fed a little early tonight. Hope you all are having a great weekend.

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!