okay i am gonna ask

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

can some one list all the varieties of daturas on the market.

i love these plants and apparently dont have them all as i saw a varigated one and in love.

this way maybe i know what i am looking thanks

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

List of Datura species--
D.stramonium
D. quercifolia
D. ferox
D. leichhardtii
D. discolor
D. ceratocaula
D. wrightii
D. metel
D. inoxia

According to this thread http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/46765/

Judy

near Dallas, TX(Zone 8a)

I am so confused. Which name goes with which color and type(single,double,triple)?

This message was edited Mar 26, 2005 4:29 AM

Thumbnail by luckpup
Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

from what I've received, most of them are metals. I don't have seeds for any other type unless I forgot somehow. I guess we will find out this summer.

Joseph, OR(Zone 5a)

If you are really into dtas and brugs, I would say this book would be good for you:
http://davesgarden.com/gbw/c/620/

It is very informative and has detailed info on all of the dats listed above. And the pictures, wow! I'm a newbie and find this book to be very informative, maybe even for the novice.

J

(Zone 7a)

D. Tatula
D. Meteloides

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

no need to be confuse, always remember datura metel or datura meteloides seed can and will produce single, double, triple or even quadruple blooms. i do not understand it either, i have observed them thru the years of growing them in my garden. 6 yrs ago, i was given seeds of datura metel... no color was specified, no flower description. i just notice the purple ones [black currant swirl or cornocopea] produced double, triple and quadruple blooms... same as the yellow [golden queen], and the white [dat. alba].

do not allow datura metel to confuse u cuz i think this datura specie is confuse on its own LOL!

hopefully Tonny will come by and explain it in more details, since he spends more time learning about datura and brugs.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.