Does anyone know where I could get a "Red Mullberry Tee?"

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

I am in search of Red Mullberry, I don't know why it is so hard to come across, But, I'm having a hard time locating one! ... I plant a lot of things that attract birds ( I love bird-watching and filming them ) The Red-Mulberry is suppose to be highly attractive to them, So I definately want to get one.

Rethymno, Crete, Greece(Zone 10b)

Hello, Iris, I bet you know where your name comes from!!

Mulberry trees grow all over Greece and they are of two types mainly: white (i.e. produce white mulberries) and "black" that produce deep purple mulberries. Are these what you want?? These trees are easy to grow from cuttings, but I am collecting seeds this year for a Vietnamese friend who asked for some.
Let me know
Dimitri

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Hi dpmichael! Yes, I am definately looking for the Purple!! I'd appreciate it if you could send some clippings my way when you get them...I have some plants to trade for it or I can pay you for it .... Let me know ok...Thank's!

I can send you seeds with pleasure. Other than that, I can't do, as you live in USA and I live in Greece - USA Customs do not permit exchange of plants, cuttings etc for the fear of disease spreading.

Let me know

Dimitri

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Dimitri, That would be great !! I'd love to get some seeds! Could you sent me an e-mail so that I can reply with my addy, Thank You, Irislynx

Iris, Iris, with all the colors on your dress....

I collected the mulberries (for you and a Vietnamese lady in the USA) and tried to get the seeds...
>> http://davesgarden.com/showthread/51369.html <<

hopefully, I will send you eventually something useful...
Dimitri

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

dimitri, Sounds great, And guess what! ... I finally found a place in Massachusettes that sells fruited mullberry trees! ... I bought one and I'm picking it up his week-end! I might buy an extra one too ... Would still be interested in the seeds you have tho.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.