Solanacae

Arroyo Grande, CA

What about the other solanacae? They will be wanting their own forum too. Seriously, this is a good idea.

Harlem, GA(Zone 8a)

Hey hey hey! Hi Chuck, I'm here and lovin' it! Can't wait to post some of the Dat's from last year and in the coming year too! I want to see some triples and doubles as well as singles :)

Julie/ BABS

Double Datura side shot

Thumbnail by BrugAddict
Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Gorgeous Julie! This is the first year for growing doubles for me......can't wait!

Harlem, GA(Zone 8a)

I got so many compliments from these in my yard last year! I love them....

Double Datura again

Thumbnail by BrugAddict
Harlem, GA(Zone 8a)

Awwww ty....RikerBear!! They are gorgeous to me too and I love the aroma in the evenings as well.

Here are my yellow doubles from last year!

Thumbnail by BrugAddict
Harlem, GA(Zone 8a)

Another shot of the Double yellow

Here's a set of twins lol

Thumbnail by BrugAddict
Harlem, GA(Zone 8a)

A single white Inoxia Datura

Thumbnail by BrugAddict
Harlem, GA(Zone 8a)

One more to show how they just point straight up! This was taken on my 45th birthday!

Yellow double up front and single white inoxia in back :)

Thumbnail by BrugAddict
Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

I planted yellow dbls last year but they never thrived or bloomed. Am trying dbl yellow again, dbl whit, and dbl purple....as well as lilac le fluer (again), and Raspberry swirl (thanks Kim).
I have several seedlings popping up in the cold frames of each, so hopefully I will have as beautiful of flowers as what you've posted. They are addicting.

Harlem, GA(Zone 8a)

Yes, they Are!!! And just as lovely and fragrant as any brug out there right? Where is everybody??? Come out come out wherever you are!!!

RikerBear, I would love to get my hands on some seeds of the double white and Raspberry Swirl, I don't have those, I bet they are gorgeous! The pods on these sings popped open and wham!!!! I couldn't catch em' fast enough. I bet this summer they'll ALL be coming up, they do thrive on the hot weather and do quite well I might add. I am pretty sure they are descendents of the desserts? Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong. I yanked mine up last year at the end and the roots on those things had the peat pod stuff still wrapped around the ROOT!!! Can't hardly kill them!

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

I am out of dbl wht seed, and the raspberry swirl are some I snagged from KimGaither.....I'll promise to save some for you for next year (provided my flower and produce seed) :-)
I'm anxious to see if raspberry swirl is just another name for Blk Currant Swirl, or if indeed they are another variety.

Harlem, GA(Zone 8a)

Oh that would be nice but I can't wait to see your pics when they bloom! I know they are 'to die for' beeeeeeeeeeeeeee-U-TEE-FUL RB

Julie / BaBs

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Beautiful Pictures!!! Thank you for sharing!!

Judy

Harlem, GA(Zone 8a)

You're most welcome Judy, I want to see some of other's pics...I hope they'll come along soon. Thank you for the compliment,....I enjoy them too as well as the joy of planting and raising them.

Julie/ BaBs

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Julie, they are gorgeous. I'm seeing a few seeds pop up, will I be so lucky? LOL

Harlem, GA(Zone 8a)

Oh yeah, you can count on it!!!! They are really easier to grow than angel trumpets....hard to kill them thangs once you get em' started. So sit back and watch the lil' thangs grow, cos' you're in for a beautiful display of beauty when they bloom.

My moma always taught me that if you have patience, and wait...then there's a great reward in the end...

Hugs
Julie / BaBs

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.