Welcome to the Datura forum!

By request, so datura threads don't drown in the brugmansia ocean. :)

Dave

The Heart of Texas, TX(Zone 8b)

You're awesome Dave!
Thanks!
MsC

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Whoo Hoo!!!!!

Miami, FL(Zone 10a)

Agree with you, quite different.
love Daturas

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Well!! I leave home for a couple of hours and when I get back there is a Datura Forum!!!

Thank You Dave!!!

Judy

(Zone 7a)

I've been told there isn't a Pink Datura, B&T World seeds says there is! LOL LOL. I have seeds labeled Pink Blush Datura..which I can say came from a good source. Mine have just germinated. Time will tell..I'll be hoping and wishing... But here is 2 pictures of "Pink Blush Datura"
I'll keep you posted if mine bloom pink :-D

Thumbnail by Kim_M
(Zone 7a)

Here's the other... Any chance I might get a Royal Blue Datura?

Thumbnail by Kim_M
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3a)

Very nice flower Kim- I hope yours bloom that colour! Can't wait to see them!

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

Oh wonderful how nice.. now seeds anyone anyone at all... trades????

(Zone 7a)

LOL LOL LOL!

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Congrats to those who wanted and needed this forum. I'm happy for you all and hope one day that I'll have a picture or something to add here. In the mean time, I'll just drop by and try to keep up.

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Brugie,

Please drop by and give us some of your helpful hints!!!!

Judy

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

I've done my part I just sent out about 40 emails to people who had posted that on the older threads, or if they wanted or offered seeds on the Seed Trading Forum.

I have to rest now.

Judy

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

OK I just sent about 20 more emails... now I'm really tired.

Judy

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

thanks for this Forum dave

I just heard a story about datura's I wanted to share with you. In Mexico, Datura is pronounced

Da - roach - ee

and women put "small amounts" of it in their husbands food to keep them home! YIKES!

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Oh my! I suppose hallucinating after dinner would keep me home too. :-)

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Too funny!!!

near Dallas, TX(Zone 8a)

Thank you Judy for the email. Here I am. I've been wanting more info about Daturas.
And thank you Dave for the forum.
Happy Spring,
luckpup

Gratiot, WI(Zone 5b)

I'm widowed because of Multiple Sclerosis! I've NEVER gone through a DIVORCE before, and it hurts. I'll miss my "In Laws" over in the Brug Forum, as I still don't own a Brugmansia Yet. I am trying to start seeds, but none yet.

My Biggest, and Most Heartfelt Wish Is This....."I just don't want the Kids to get hurt and suffer!!!"

May our Daturas And our Brugmansia Plants Continue an ongoing Wonderful Relationship!!!

Happy Growing!
Richard T

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Goodness Richard you didn't get a divorce, you've just gone off to school!! I'm hopeful with this new forum that we'll all learn a great deal more about Daturas, who grows them, the many varities available, etc.

Now let's work toward our degree!!!

Judy

Gratiot, WI(Zone 5b)

Judy, I was joking,,,,but at times it did seem as if the seperation of the two were headed towards hard feeling on some levels. But I was just joking and hopeing that you'd get a kick out of it. And I totally agree with you. The learning is what it's all about and having them seperated will make it easier to find the information. I just have a strange sense of humor at 4 in the morning.

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

Richard i will try get some brugs going for you with seeds i have no names... ok?? its quite easy....datura's i have not been able to but going to really try again... hope pain is better.. mine was all night last night. so we never know.. blessings.. Twyla...

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

Judy, was nice of you to send email I appreciate it very much.

Doris

Shangshui, Henan, China(Zone 7b)

Gladtide for me that Dave starts this Datura Forum.there used to grow wild plenty of daturas in my home region.The milky trumpets would let me miss a beat whenever I saw them blooming in abundance in the wild.I think this forum will be added in my page-list so that I can keep the latest discussion about this magic plant.

This message was edited Mar 26, 2005 2:37 AM

Judy,thanks for emailing me and letting me know that there is this Datura Forum here now.
Folk of my home region regard this plant as an evil weed (it is believed that if a kid took in the seeds by mistake,he would lose his conscience for a day or two) and it seems as if there were no one else who is willing to cultivate it,and what is more,they have cleaned up most of the resource in order to enlarge their farming -land.In spite of that,they have to admire that the flowers are uniquely showy and attractive.I will try to gather some seeds in the latefall of this year and share with you.

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Jianhua save me some seeds if you get some. =)

How is your day?

Redrose,I am alright,thanks.
The year before last I spotted two locations in my hometown where there were the wild Daturas (ie,thornapple,jimson weed) growing fantastically.This late fall I am intentionally to have the seeds saved and share with you.Be patient and wait... ):

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.