Does anyone know where I can get Red Mullberry???

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

I have been searching for "Red Mullberry" for a while, For some reason, It's hard for me to find.

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Iris
Is this the one that makes the berries?
Calalily

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Calalilly,Yes it is ... I want it for my " Bird Garden"

Greenfield, IN(Zone 5b)

Iris, I have one but too large to dig up plus it is growing through the fence. I don't know much about them but if they can grow from cuttings or seed let me know & I will do my best. Julie

Liberty, IN

I have white and black mulberries. The red and black both turn dark purple when they are ripe. The red turns in late summer and the black turns in summer. The red ones are a little sweeter and the leaves are a little different shaped, according to my book. You can sow seeds in autumn in containers outside or you can root hardwood cuttings in a prepared bed in a cold frame, in autumn. Take your cuttins from 2-4 yearold wood. Hope this helps both of you out. Happy gardening Tonia

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

dignbloom, I don't know that much about them besides the fact that birds love the berries ... l would love to try seeds or root cutings tho !!!! Send me an e-mail please ok, Thankyou, Iris

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Tonia, Thank you for the info!!...You wouldn't happen to have any wood-cuttings or seeds would you ???? LOL !!

Liberty, IN

Sure do. Only have a few seeds of the white one (birds got to them), but I can take several cutting of both. I have never started either one, either way, but we all live and learn everyday. Maybe we can work out a trade.?. Love Irises, Peonies, and Poppies. And many others. Tonia LOL

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Iris
I'm afraid mine are the black ones. The birds do love them, but mine are getting ripe now. The box turtles also love them and will eat them out of my hand. I have seedling trees all over the place.
Calalily

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Calilly, Sent you an e-mail

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Rainbows-End, I'm interested, I have some stuff for trade, Please e-mail me

Liberty, IN

IRIS, YOU GOT MAIL!! TONIA

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.