Refunding! Newbie has many many questions!

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

I have recently taken up refunding! (again!) Back in the 80's I belonged to several coupon 'trains' (much like a Round Robin) and even had a few people that I traded with 'regular'. When we moved to WA in '92 I dropped my contacts. I still used coupons, sent in for the occasional rebate now and then. But as time wore on, I quit almost entirely. Blame it on the fact that our income went up or I got lazy or both.

A few months ago I hooked onto a radio talk show host named Dave Ramsey. Suddenly I'm on a budget again and.........well there ya go.

So in my quest for financial peace, I have started looking at the Sunday coupons, and then start looking online for groups and actually found a few sites!

Well, what I've found is a group of folks who do this not only as a way to save money, but as a hobby! Anything new intrigues me, so I delve further and start joining groups and collecting my coupons and refund forms. But things are not what they used to be????????

That is the question...........how does this work in the new millenium?

What constitutes a good trade these days? Do I have to have multiples of the same coupon or form to trade? I really am confused. I read posts where people will say "Have 150+ of Huggies Diapers Looking for GC, Frees or Winetags, check my wishlist" So I check the wishlist and bingo! I have a form plus qualifiers for their Coupon. I make an offer.
Or another add I've seen is I need 15 Rebate Forms for such and such. Well, don't retailers limit one rebate per household anymore?

Needless to say, I'm completely lost and asking a question on these boards is like milking a rock. And here I thought that all boards were almost as friendly as Dave's Garden!! NOT!! LOL...........

I take it all in good humor, but I sure wish there was someplace where I can read a FAQ or learn how the new refunding goes.

I'm not giving up, after all this is a new challenge and I love those!

Anyone here in the "game" wishing to hold my hand and verse me on the new rules? :-D

This thread has 5 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!