Lily Lovers.... Part 3

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

You mean the usual dirt on my face isn't sufficient??

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

mine will be easy to find . there up this much all ready ?
When the roofer finish up next week they may be flatter ?
please rsvp on refresments before raid ?

Thumbnail by tazzy
Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Oh wow, Tazzy. Maybe that means alot of mine will be up in the next couple of weeks!

we had a couple 70°days and then cold again but
there up all over yard this is a remont iris and it got this
took picture yesterday .Threated roofer with there life
put tomato cage around it had it 3 years , never saw bloom
its all in the timing ?

Thumbnail by tazzy

in back of house.
i buried old dryer tub to use for planter

Thumbnail by tazzy
Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

Hi Scooterbug,
I bought some bulbs from Dandiland last year, shipped to sister in DC. They arrived promptly and in good condition. All bloomed well and have multiplied.

So I am sure it is a plain mistake or oversight. Maybe a family disster and they are off looking after elderly or something.

Keep us posted about this.
Inanda

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Gosh, Tazzy you've got stuff up all over the place. Maybe I'll got "camp out" at my old house without furniture or dishes or glasses or heck I don't even know if there's TP still there! LOL I'll just bring my camera and get pictures of all the stuff I'm missing coming up and blooming. Wahhhhh!

Scooter - when the email bounced what did the bounce notice say? Did it say User not Found OR Mailbox is Full or what? I guess that would tell a lot. Good to hear, Ginny (HI GINNY!!!) has had a good experience with them, so hopefully it's something as she suggested (not that having sick parents or kids would be a good thing).

Tazzy - how far from iris blooms do you think you are? I've got quite a few of my new ones up at the old house. But probably still a few weeks away (maybe April??)

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

You have a lot coming up, too, Tazzy, I thought I had quite a few things coming up, but I think you are farther along than we are here... I enjoy your pictures... and I love the dryer tub, Taz... I take broken pots and put them in the ground, too... whatever I can find... as you can tell.. driftwood.. etc..

Thumbnail by fsrstarr
Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Now you've done it! I've slibber slobbered all over my puter and the dang thing will probably freeze up on me.

Keep thinking when your's are done then mine will be going great guns.Hee, Hee.
Think there is an EVIL grin in there some place too

Maxine

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Yes, Maxine ! Let's hold onto that---when their's are gone ours will be still blooming. Of course, they will probably have the bad taste to flaunt early daylily & lilies in our faces. You know how those Zone 6 & 7 people are...

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

How 'bout the zone 8 people Wanda....I found this today.....

Daylily 'Out of Darkness'

Thumbnail by mgh

ure, just rub our noses in it..... I need to move!!!

Just thought I'd share....teehee!

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

Maxine and Wanda, Just tryin to help ya enjoy a bit o' green until yours can come up!... what are friends for?

sorry for the mess, Maxine...

That Mendy is just being fresh!... lol... lil show off...

daffodils and my birdfeeder...

Thumbnail by fsrstarr

That's me! lol

Love that birdfeeder, Starr!

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

thanks... they had a hippo, a frog, a bear, and a couple of others, but I liked the lil crocodile...

Where did you get all these cute little guys?

Moerkerke_Damme, Belgium(Zone 7b)

Yeah Mendy i knew that would be painfull for Wanda, but i think that daylilybloom will never get the chance to peep over it's leaves. So when you wanna see it bloom you'll need to lay down flat on you belly to have it a closer look,LOL

Humph. I guess that's SOME consolation--Mendy getting all muddy lying on the ground waiting day by day for that poor pitiful thing to open.

Oh, where the devil are my crocuses? At least they should be up--Moby has IRIS in Nebraska & I'm nowhere here.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

It's OK, Wanda! Those little Iris bulbs are supposed to bloom early.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

My little iris reticulata are done. I've got daffs and am waiting impatiently for the tulips to bloom.

Lay in the mud? Nah....there's grass right in front of it. Doesn't bother me to lay in the grass. ;-P

OK, that's the first thing i wanna see you do when i'm there! ;)

ok, but I don't think they have much grass at the airport! lol

I meant in your garden you silly, only the pope kisses the ground at the airport. ROFLMHO

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

oriental 'strawberry shortcake' she is such a pretty red

Thumbnail by debi_z
Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

oriental 'woodriff's memory' these grow in my woodlands. they get full sun in the early spring and then dappled. they lean towards the sun, but they sure are pretty and seem to like it here. i think some of you ordered these in the fall flower co-op.
debi z and franklin

Thumbnail by debi_z
Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

this is a close up of woodriff's memory i have growing in a full sun location without any shading. the bulb and blossoms are so much smaller than the others in shade. there shrinking!!!!! i'm redoing this bed this year. the tree roots might be overtaking here too.

Thumbnail by debi_z
Arvada, CO

A lot of you lily lovers are Zone 5a, so it's not my hardiness zone that's spoiling lilies for me. I'm picking up on drainage...how deep? A foot? 18"?

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

oriental 'kiss proof' i got these at home depot, after the lilies had passed and they were marked down to $1.00 a pot. :-) for 3 bulbs.

Thumbnail by debi_z
Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

oriental 'acapulco' i adore these. the color is unusual and very striking.

Thumbnail by debi_z
Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

trumpet 'golden ?" i can't think of it at the moment. brain dead LOL debi z

Thumbnail by debi_z
Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

debi_z... they are all gorgeous ... I am trying to decide which I like best... thank you for sharing... how is your lil buddy franklin?

Happy Easter to all!

Starr

Thumbnail by fsrstarr
Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Happy Easter everyone.

Heres one to enjoy on this holy day.
First Lady, can't remember if its an Asiatic or LA?

Maxine

Thumbnail by Maxine

Wonderful Lilies to celebrate Easter!

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

Debi, do you have pics of Franklin?

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Maxine - that one looks like a possible ID for my mystery lily!! My colors are a bit more vivid as they were pretty shaded last year. I'd sure love to see a close up of those blooms later this year if you can remember.

My goodness--all these lovely blooms! Now that spring (in a fashion) is here, I can't wait for the lilies to start showing color!

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

of course i have pictures of franklin......;-) he is in the front yard last year, looking handsome in his patriotic scarf. :-)
franklin isn't feeling very well the past couple of days. although that hasn't stopped him from having a great time outside and giving spring greetings to the neighbors he hasn't seen since last fall. :-) he is the official greeter down here at our end of the street. :-)
we met our first wood chuck the other day. franklin of course was 3 feet away from him, with the wood chuck up against the fence growling at him. do you think "come" worked? heck no!!!! i had to pick him up and move him. LOL then the wood chuck ran off into the woods, looking behind him to make sure no one was following him.
debi z and franklin woof woof woofers ladies :-p

Thumbnail by debi_z
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

He's sure looks like a ferocious killer dog! (I'll bet HE thinks he is!)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.