SPRING??

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

Well today is the first day - no sun here, but it is kinda spring like. I went shopping with only a lightweight jacket on and didn't even don the gloves!! Something in the air made it feel like the warm weather shouldn't be far behind!! We still have snow in our yard, but along the highway it is all gone. Just need a gentle rain to wash ours away and start the yearly greenup!!

Stopped in at a local garden center and it was so funny - boxes of stuff everywhere!! Guess they're getting ready for it too!!

Oak Grove, MN(Zone 4a)

I filled the birdfeeder barefoot, but I had to walk through snow to do it! By gosh, it's spring and I'm going to make it warm up with will power alone! Hubby just calls me stuborn.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i filled the birdfeeders with shoes and then went out to the GH where I had to keep the door open it was over 100 and when i came in I had it down to 88!
I just love when the sun shines. the ground is soaked!
38 here today they say 42 tomorrow! :)

My calander says spring was the 20th but i always thought it was the 21st!

Oh my gosh, was it yesterday??? Your greenhouse was up to 100?? Man oh man. Do you have your plants in it yet? Mine is still up on a trailer (DH idea...) As soon as the ground is workable, we will plant it. Dori, what do you use for shelves? homemade or bought??? DH went this weekend and bought stuff to make them with. Man was it pricey. They are saying it may warm up by April 1!! (I think it was a bad joke...)

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

sue I love going out in the GH all winter-its what has kept me sane I think!
Its been up to 117 this month. I just go out there open the door and dream, look through magazines and plan!!! No plants in there yet-to darn cold at nite and to much $$$ to heat. We made our own shelves too -we made the whole GH LOL

INSIDE shelves
http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=showMyPhoto&albumID=66390850&photoID=66391292&security=kcxVkU

Thumbnail by notmartha
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

the GH- we got all the windows free! only paid for the wood to build it!

Thumbnail by notmartha
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

try again!

Thumbnail by notmartha
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

here is a close up of the benches-shoe told me to use this rabbit cage wire instead of chicken wire-sure glad we did!

Thumbnail by notmartha

Thanks for the pics Dori - they (shelves) are just like we planned - even the wire stuff is the same!! (great minds think alike!) Only, my Gh is much smaller (whine) You'd laugh at me. I get up real early - check my plant room upstairs which is already a blazing with lights, then I move everything I can into the sunlight for a few rays - then move it back again when the sun goes behind the trees. My whole day is constant moving!! I have given up cleaning the upstairs until after planting time - hoping someone else will host Easter this year!!

Allen Park, MI(Zone 6a)

Dori
Great greenhouse, beeter made than those manfactured types.
Good Job to you and DH.

Paul

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

You can see the in the above picture from the back of the GH the grass under my feet-LOL-its GONE!!
I laughted when i saw that here is kinda what is there now-but you see empty bed #2 well it had 9rows of daylilies when i put it to bed last fall!!!

Thumbnail by notmartha
Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Well I was out in my Greenhouse too....and mine was 100 degrees too.....had to take my sweatshirt off, but I am loving it......love the smell of soil in there when its so warm.....

I walked out to my bird feeders too....but guess I am chicken, cause I had boots on.....too much snow out there yet.....but looked around my garden area, and my Mums are coming up already.....

Deann

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.