Anyone have Clitoria (Blue or White) Pea Vine seeds???

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Does anyone have just a few of either one of these seeds please? I had the double blue at one time, and it died and never had anymore seeds, I shared with everyone 5 years ago, but don't have anyones names anymore that I shared with :(. I want these for me only, not to trade until I get some for trading this fall. Can anyone help me a bit??? Thanks!
Rose_petalzz(Ruby)

Ruby,

I have some of each can you believe it? Have you vines to trade? or Salvias? LMK and thanks!

Joseph

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi Joseph, great! Yes I have a vine seeds, dutchmans pipevine(elegans) and butterfly vine seeds. LMK and you have both blue and white??? Double or single, not that it really matters to me, just need a few to have a couple of plants for myself. Thanks for responding!
Ruby

Ruby,

I believe I have single blue ones, and recently got a very very generous trade in for double white. I may have double blue, give me a couple days to sort through my stash. What is the species of the butterfly vine? My mind is blanking out.

Joseph

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

HI Joseph, here is some info on it! It is a beautiful vine, and grows fast here in the south, am not sure about up there, maybe in a window. It is a perennial here.
Mascagnia macroptera

Bright yellow clusters of 1" orchid-like blooms in summer followed by chartreuse butterfly-like seed pods in fall, turning to brown in winter. Great for light posts, mail boxes, etc…

Light: Full to partial sun.

Size: 12'

Zones: 8b-11

I also have dutchmans pipevine seeds, elegans if interested instead??? I will await your reply, so take your time and thanks!!!!
Ruby

Ruby,

I will trade for the Mascagnia macroptera...I have not had luck at all with Aristolochia seeds. How many seeds of the Clitoria do you want and how many of the Mascagnia macroptera seeds will you send? Just curious...I will send 15 of each kind of Clitoria if that's ok...Please advise and also let me know if your address if it isn't in the exchange; mine is in the address exchange.

Thanks!!

Joseph

Deltona, FL(Zone 9a)

rose_ you have mail... I will send you seeds.............cinnabor LMK

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi Joseph, I am sorry I haven't responded right away, I fell a couple of weeks ago and have been dealing with fractured ribs among other problems! :(.
Anyway, I can send you the same amount, will ship in a box though, cause they are shaped like butterflies with wings! Unless you want me to harvest just the seeds out of them? I can do that too.
LMK and thankyou so much!!!
Ruby

Ruby,

A seed trade is appropriate since I have seeds and will incur postal charges that are less than a plant shipment. Is the butterfly vine easy to start from seeds?

I'm so sorry you hurt yourself so bad in a fall, what rotten luck! I wish you full and speedy recovery!

Joseph

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.