pics from my hike today

Modi'in, Israel

We went on a flower hunt today. Well, I was flower hunting....the rest of the family was just hiking LOL. Here are some of the most exciting finds for me:

#1 Melilotus sulcatus

Thumbnail by salvia_lover
Modi'in, Israel

#2 unknown

Modi'in, Israel

#3 Podonosma orientalis

Modi'in, Israel

#4 unknown Salvia

Modi'in, Israel

#5 probably some kind of Vicia

Modi'in, Israel

#6 Convolvulus arvensis

Modi'in, Israel

#7 Gynandriris sisyrinchium

Modi'in, Israel

#8 Muscari neglectum

Modi'in, Israel

#9 unknown Lamiaceae

Modi'in, Israel

#10 Ornithogalum narbonense

Modi'in, Israel

#11 Alcea acaulis (Stemless Hollyhock)

Tucson, AZ(Zone 9a)

See now it was raining here today and my kids would have LOVED to go hiking with your kids. I would've held your camera case and everything!

Beautiful virtual hike at least. :)

Modi'in, Israel

Thanks Jen.....next time I'll let you know ahead of time and you can join us ;-)

-Julie

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

What a beautiful variety of wildflowers...#10 is incredible! Wonderful photos...I'm sure glad you got your camera back!

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

We all are!

Modi'in, Israel

:-), ya'll are way too sweet to me :-)

Here's a flower for you Stacey:

Asphodelus aestivus

Modi'in, Israel

And one for you John :-) A flower with a nice manly name :-)

Adonis microcarpa

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

:-)

Germantown, OH(Zone 6a)

Your pictures are wonderful and it's fascinating to see what is blooming in other parts of the world. I guess I will have to be satisfied with your gorgeous pictures for awhile, it doesn't look like spring will ever get here.

Modi'in, Israel

Thank you MasterofNone :-) Here's another flower to tide you over until your garden springs up :-)

Alkanna strigosa

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Ok, I'm just so tired of my useless hiking, never come across anything worth talking about or i'd dig it up. LOL nothin in my woods I tell ya, nothin.

kathy

beautiful pics by the way

Modi'in, Israel

Thank you Kathy! Stay tuned for the pics from my long weekend at the Dead Sea! I found some awesome things, but with a memory card full to the last pixel, it will be a bit before I have photos sorted and resized in order to post. No later than tomorrow though I promise :-)

-Julie

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

I hate sorting. What to leave in, what to leave out?

Modi'in, Israel

I won't leave too much out, but I will need to sort it all into various hikes. Far too much for one thread. :-)

-Julie

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

Great pictures, Julie. I have muscari neglectum here. The area that I found it in suggests on this farm that it was from about 100 years ago. Not a wildflower, but a cultivated bulb, which I've noticed is now available in some catalogs again. They are such neat little flowers with their dark bud and white edges. My youngest daughter when she was little called muscari purple tree flowers.

Modi'in, Israel

purple tree flowers.... That's sweet :-)

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

I agree with MasterofNone, it's just fascinating to see flowers in other parts of the world. I feel privileged to see these pics...thank you so much, Julie, for taking the time to share them with us!!!

BTW - my fave is #9 :-)

Shannon

Just found this forum & this thread! So beautiful. I am partial to #9 unknown Lamiaceae. Thanks for posting... off to find your Dead Sea thread.
:-) angele
PS have you seen Jen around? Haven't seen a post from her lately. Probably busy with the end of school year?

Modi'in, Israel

Thank you! :-) I really like that one in #9 too. Haven't seen it since that hike, so maybe it's an annual. I really hope you enjoy the Dead Sea threads. That was a really fun long weekend for us :-)

-Julie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.